Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you have an eye for cabinet hardware....please help

Posted by cindee56 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 1:07

I am trying again to post this photo and would like any suggestions on new knobs or pulls that are more modern? I can change the knobs to pulls if someone has a pull idea or ever a suggestion for a different knob style

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you have an eye for cabinet hardware....please help

those look appropriate,pleasant,durable,tasteful,good quality....saying that,if you want a change just look on Amerock for different options then.Maybe if you post a choice of 3 or 4 people can vote. It's hard to just "think of" something when the current is perfectly suitable.I've noticed:some new bronze finishes and antique silver is cropping up as a break from satin nickel.

o

A bar pull that echoes your horizontal accent bs would be a nice touch, something like the options below either in oil-rubber bronze to echo the brown you have, or stainless to match your appliance pull. I would orient all of them horizontally.

o

This hardware would give you a nice updated look with out being overly modern...

o

I have the Mulholland hardware and love it!

o

Love the Mulholland posted above.

Love this Schaub pull. Is it too shiny? You have a lot of choices with 5" centers.

This site allows you to search using 5" centers as a parameter. Hope it's ok to post it.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Do you like the contrast of your current knobs/pulls? Or is that what bothers you? You need to figure out what it is about the current knobs and pulls it is that you DON'T like. Personally--I find the contrast jarring. But you may feel it offers punctuation to the room.

If it were me,I'd vote for bar pulls in a brushed stainless. But I wouldn't get the kind with the sticky-out bits at the ends (Bottom pull in EAM44's posting.) I would choose pulls like the first or second. The sticky-out bits catch on pockets and such. Very annoying, and can cause falls in people with compromised balance. (I've done a LOT of research on pulls/knobs since we plan/hope to age in-place.) Pulls are better for old hands. One needs much less dexterity to open a cabinet with a pull than a knob.

o

Your knobs look a little tiny, so pick up a bigger one at a hardware store and see if that helps. I'm thinking if you changed to all pulls, it could look very cluttered in your small kitchen with lots of small doors and drawer fronts.

EAM's second bar pull in the ORB is really nice. I haven't seen that one before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here