Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

white countertop options-soapstone? marble?

rockybird
13 years ago

I bought a mid-century home and gutted it to the studs. The drywall is going in and it is moving closer to the finish. The kitchen is the focal point of the house, which has views, walls of glass, red rock walls and was built by a locally famous architect. Because I had to put so much money into the house (electrical, mechanical, etc) to restore it, I am on a budget and using white ikea abstract cabs. I would like a countertop that is white or close to it. I am strongly considering marble. Is there another white to consider? I am also looking at silostone white counters. I am working with an architect, and I plan to redo the kitchen with custom cabs in a few yrs. (5-7-but knowing me, it may be longer than that). I have two small parrots that are messy, but no kids, and I dont cook much. The kitchen will have a huge island 4 foot x 10 feet for a cooktop, sink, eating. I have new light grey scored concrete floors under the paper covers.

Thinking of something like this kitchen:

http://www.dwell.com/slideshows/guys-and-walls.html?slide=3&c=y&paused=true

Does white soapstone exist? I cannot find anything on this. So far, marble or silostone seems the best bet, but would appreciate any suggestions!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (4)