Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to store a pizza cutter

Posted by olivertwist (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 0:44

I love my Zyliss palm-held pizza cutter, but it has no protective cover. So I'm afraid to store in a regular utensil drawer. Instead it's in a separate drawer in the Dining Room wrapped in a potholder.

Better suggestions? Do you think it would fit in a knife-block in a drawer, or too high?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to store a pizza cutter

I've always just kept mine in my utensil drawer. For me, the question is how to store my pizza peel and trays. One of these days, I need to retrofit one of my upper cabinets with vertical dividers... 18" cabinets, 17" pizza trays :) then perhaps the pizza peel simply hanging on the wall somewhere?

o

oldbattobe: you have my drawer!! I recognize everything in it. When I can't' find something that is my hope drawer. I like to rattel through it. Wouldn't change a thing.

In my laundry room I have magnetic strips that are usually used for knives in the kitchen. I put different size screw drivers and such on them. I can see what I need for DIY projects. You can also put candle putty around it or get a big enough envelope. You have something in your home or wait for a container to come into your life. Mine is in a drawer too.

o

Pizza cutter will be too tall to store upright.
I put mine in a made right 6x9 inch bin.
I do have other items in the bin but keep the blade against the bin wall. On the road but will try to post.

o

Why not just protect the blade instead? A cut clean sponge with a slot in it, a piece of foam, whatever, and a rubber band.

o

How about a cloth drawstring satchel, drop it in, pull the bag shut. It can safely go in any drawer you want.

o

Cut up a gift box into 2 squares that are each large enough to cover the blade and tape/staple them together on 3 sides. It will make a nice blade guard. I've done the same thing with exacto knives and my meat cleaver.

o

I keep my pizza cutter in my knife drawer. Here's a picture of it. It's in the upper left corner with the blade facing the corner, safely out of the way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here