Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jess1979_gw17

suggestions for a missing strip behind slide in stove

jess1979
9 years ago

We are doing a remodel from out of state. Our new stove is a slide in. I told this to the designer who works for the company that was doing the granite counter tops. I told her this in the beginning and right after they had someone measure I reminded her that there is a slide in range. She said they would cut a 2" strip to go behind the range and we would not be able to tell that it was not one piece. I agreed to having the 2" strip. I reminded her about it being a slide in range and needing the strip for behind the stove in emails, text and on the phone. We wrote it on the sink box to remind them it is a slide in and had the stove in place. Today the person who is going to do the backsplash called and said there is no strip behind the stove. I have tried talking to her about the missing strip and was told the stove should have come with a strip then the phone disconnected and after that would go straight to voice mail. So my question is is there anything else we can use to fill that gap? We have someone that is doing the work and can install something in that space. I saw there are fillers for some brands but I can not order any of these because it would take too long to get it in. If we are unable to get the piece of granite that we were suppose to get what would you suggest we use for a filler? Thank you for your help.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
WM Design Studio, LLC.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudoun County's Skilled Residential Architect | 4X Best of Houzz!