Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eyelash5

Opinions on faucets

eyelash5
10 years ago

Hi,
IâÂÂm having trouble picking out a new faucet for my kitchen. Wanted your thoughts and opinions on which one would look best. I know its personal preference but need a little help deciding plus these are final sale...so can't return them.

I see the high arc with the built-in sink so it's hard for me to see it with mine.

The last pic is my current faucet but it's starting to leak. Thanks.

Comments (4)

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    10 years ago

I would opt for a pull down versus a pull out every time, however, your sink looks pretty shallow, in which case a high arc faucet will give you a lot of splashing. Given that, you would probably be better off with the second faucet. If there is any way you could swap out the sink, now is the time to do it, so keep that in mind as well, and good luck.

• elphaba_gw
    10 years ago

Got this link from enduring on the subject of faucets - very nice resource HERE

That said, after much mulling around, I have decided on the Kohler Purist - a little pricey for a smallish faucet but meets my criteria. Not many do.
    I recommend that you make a decision about what features you want and then get a list of reputable faucet makers from link above (even tells you which are "made in America") and then search gardenweb for reviews and shop the main plumbing sites on the web. And read reviews on Amazon when available. If necessary, decide what features you can compromise on or take a chance that the reviewer is wrong. Then decide if you want to buy local (and bring the web price with you when you shop local). If you don't buy local, buy from a certified dealer on the web so your warranty will be honored.

FYI-
    1. I wanted pull-out because some reviews indicate this is best if you want to be able to fill a pot on the counter adjacent to sink

2. I wanted it to swivel 360 degrees since mine will be on an island where a pot could be filled behind the sink

3. I wanted chrome finish

4. I didn't want a real tall one because this is for my prep sink

5. I preferred the spout being a rectangular shape (rather than arc or straight)

6. Preferred it be a good brand and/or recommended from Gardenweb - Hansgrohe, Grohe, Blanco, Kohler. (Didn't want Delta or Moen - I had quality concerns but many on gardenweb like these brands) but not more than $400

My choice - Kohler Purist:

This post was edited by elphaba on Sat, Nov 16, 13 at 16:45

• eyelash5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I'm buying it off of Blanco's website. These particularly ones are discounted items so they're $95 each, which is a great deal! Some sinks are on sale too but I can't fit that into my budget. That's a good point on the splashing.

elphaba....thanks for the link but when I click on it, it doesn't go anywhere.

• elphaba_gw
    10 years ago

I fixed the link - (I think) - apologies. And good luck with your faucet.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz