Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveswindowsanddogs_gw

Recognize this subway tile?

This tile is in a friend's kitchen and I love it. Unfortunately, she doesn't remember what it is. It has a handmade look and reflects light in a way that reminds me of hand blown glass. The surface is irregular as are the edges.

Any ideas?

Comments (16)

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

I don't know, but have you looked at the Walker Zanger Cafe Series? They have a color called Milk Gloss. Can your friend recall where she bought it or anything else about it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Milk Gloss subways

This post was edited by kitchendetective on Sun, Nov 2, 14 at 0:37

• hsw_sc
    9 years ago

Those are gorgeous tiles!

Mine are similar, but they are 3"x12". They look watery to me, which I thought was so cool. Sorry, I'm not a great photographer :)

• loveswindowsanddogs_gw gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kitchendetective (love that name), the WZ cafe series milk gloss appears to be the exact same thing, or very, very close. Thank you!!! I have looked at their website and am interested in the latte gloss and possibly cappucino. I need a creamy white or possibly a tan. (My countertop will be Perla Venata, picture attached.) I'm not sure that anyone stocks WZ in my area, but I will look.

In case there isn't a WZ dealer in my area, I will want to order a sample online. Anyone know where you can get samples of WZ online?

My friend lives in a different and very large city with many more resources, but the traffic is wicked.

Hsw_sc, your tiles are STUNNING . Do you fall in love all over again every morning? I love the handmade style with watery, wavy light reflection. What are they??? What is your countertop? Thanks for sharing pictures. I'm drooling...

• hsw_sc
    9 years ago

Thank you! They were very reasonable, too, considering!

They are New Yorker by Settecento, and come in a couple of different colors.

I'll post a link for you. Have fun planning!

Here is a link that might be useful: New Yorker Tile by Settecento

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Beautiful stone! You could also look at Tempest Tileworks field tile.

Here is a link that might be useful: They make a 3 x 8

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all of your help! I found a WZ rep in town and looked at the cafe series. LOVE!!! And it was a reasonable price.

One less decision to make. Yippee!

• Niki Friedman
    9 years ago

Cmm1- horus art makes two crackle tiles and they are @ $8/SQ ft. The color didn't work for us but I so wanted to use it!

There's also horus Tiffany crackle. I can't recall the difference between the two- I believe one of them has a straight edge and the other is irregular.

FYI- we went with horus art broadway in the latte color. I ordered samples online (can't recall where) but placed the order through tilesdirect.

Here is a link that might be useful: Horus cristali

loveswindowsanddogs_gw gw thanked Niki Friedman
  • cmm1
    9 years ago

Thanks viennamommy!

That is more of what i am willing to be comfortable paying. I will be tracking down samples today.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Cmm1, I just saw that you had requested info on the price I was quoted.for the WZ cafe series. So sorry I missed it! The price I was quoted was $10 per square foot. I didn't think that was bad for a handmade tile. I really like it.

Recently, I visited my friend in Houston with the tile in the picture. She gave me a piece to take home to compare to the WZ sample I have. It's not the same, but the look is very similar. I am happy with the WZ so that is my plan. For the moment...

• uther
    9 years ago

It looks a bit like mine, which is Ann Sacks.

loveswindowsanddogs_gw gw thanked uther
  • cjieunlee
    8 years ago

Hsw_sc, where/how did you order your Settecente New Yorker tiles ?? Love the tile and would live to know where/how i dan get samples and possibly purchase! Thanks for your help!

• kdgrover
    8 years ago

Loveswindowsanddogs, I was searching for images of Walker Zanger Cafe tiles to choose a grout color and came across this post. Funny, because I'm installing the Cafe latte gloss and the Perla Venata and wondered if that is what you ended up choosing? If so, do you have any pics and what color grout did you decide on? Thanks!!

• nebbobear
    8 years ago

Hi I'm working on backsplash...what is perla venatta?? Is that a backsplash color....?. Love the W Z cafe i just discovered based on this thread...what color of W Z did you purchase.....i need a creamy one...

• Rosa
    4 years ago

I realize this is old thread but anyone ever learn what the tie was at top (first pic)? It is exactly what I am looking for.

• Chessie
    4 years ago

Rosa E. - check the 3rd post.

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company