Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

Finally got bar stools- Kitchen is Done :)

beaglesdoitbetter1
10 years ago

We've finally gotten bar stools and that was the last real thing we needed for me to say that our kitchen is DONE. I am sure I'll switch out accessories here and there, but for the most part, it is finished :)

Here they are, at long last, almost two years later... Thanks to those who helped w/ the fabric suggestions and along the way w/ the kitchen as well!

Comments (31)

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

Beagles - Absolutely beautiful. Your kitchen continues to be an all-time favorite. Great choice of bar stools. I hope you are enjoying your new home.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen! Please do share the details especially the beautiful counters and backsplash as well as the white chosen and manufacturer of your beautiful cabinets! Thank you for sharing. I love the bar stools also!

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

Beagles Hi! The bar stools look great - like they've been there all along! They look sturdy and I like the white. How are they function wise?
    I am trying to decide on stools now and DH says backs, arms, padded seats, and I'd like swivel...basically a Laz-e-boy at the island. That's never happening...
    My DD just brought up your GW open house the other day (we were there) wanted to know if we were having one when we finish building...

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Pretty choice...your kitchen still looks brand new! How goes the Florida redo? Best, oldbat2be

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Wow! You must be delighted that it's done and done so well. It's a beautiful room.

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

That's one very elegant kitchen! Lovely!!!!!!!

• teeda
    10 years ago

Beautiful--looks like a magazine spread.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

motherof3sons, thanks. I really love living here, especially now that all the decorating is pretty much done!

lynn2006, I did my reveal thread over a year ago, so this was just my bar stools reveal thread :) I'll include some new pictures I've taken of the kitchen below though, since we added accessories.
    The cabinets were made by Dutchwood Kitchens (mennonite custom cabinet makers in Myerstown PA). The counters are marble (perimeter) and blue bahia (island). The cabinet color is Benjamin Moore Glacier White. The backsplash is marble and a custom mural we created from Stone Impressions.

LOL, ppbenn at the Laz-e-boy barstools :) These are extremely comfortable. They are wide (18 inches) and nice to sit in. We had them custom made so we could have had a swivel but I didn't want it. The guy who made them just worked off a picture and he did a great job. He was VERY slow (ordered them in May, got them in October) but he was reasonably priced and could do anything pretty much. You should definitely have a GW open house, it was fun :)

oldbat2be, the FL master bath project is (hopefully) getting wrapped up soon. When I get down there this year, we are going to list that house on the market. It is too close to neighbors/ not enough privacy and I hate it (plus the house is turning out to really need a lot of work I don't feel like doing). We're looking for a new FL house on at least 3-4 acres after the other other one sells.

Thanks AnnieDeighnaugh, jellytoast and WMA89 :)

Here are more pics:

And there's lots more on my blog, including of the interior organizers, etc. :)

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

If Cinderella had a kitchen, AFTER she married the prince.... :)

It looks beautiful and I'm so glad you love it! I can only imagine how wonderful your new Florida home is going to be. Keep us updated and post lots of pictures!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Beagles- I love your bar stools. Having seen your kitchen IRL, I can visualize your choice. Congratulations!

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

Everything about this kitchen is gorgeous, as well as functional!

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful and the bar stools are perfect. I really like how the blue seat cushions tie in with the blue in your hood and cabinetry on your sink wall.

• rosie
    10 years ago

I'd forgotten how beautiful your kitchen is, Beagles. It's a pleasure to see it again. As would be relaxing and chatting in those comfy chairs, well worth the climb. :)

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Thanks for the update. I will look forward to seeing the master bath pictures should you choose to share :) It is always most enjoyable seeing pictures of your home. That gorgeous island of yours always make me sigh happily....

• deedles
    10 years ago

Your stools look perfect in there!

Tell me your kitchen isn't always that spotless. It is, isn't it?

• tea4all
    10 years ago

Perfect. You have impeccable taste! I love the curved arms. Thanks for posting the pics!

• kellysar
    10 years ago

Love your bar stools. I was lucky to be able to see your absolutely stunning kitchen IRL, and so enjoy seeing the pictures again.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! And hello again to all you guys who were here for the GW open house :)

deedles, no my kitchen is definitely not always this spotless, LOL. Right now, there are washed thanksgiving dinner dishes on all the counters waiting to be put away! And my husband almost always stacks papers in the back corner of the perimeter counter, even though there is a spot in the dog room for that! Oh, and I often leave tea cups around. I do try though :)

• Mags438
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen, beautiful house.

• berardmr
    10 years ago

Hello, Can you post the link to your original reveal? I'd like to get the details. Absolutely stunning kitchen!

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here you go berardmr. Took me a while to find the link :) Hope that helps.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg022313137458.html

• blfenton
    10 years ago

Those bar stools look great. Any chance I can be a pest and ask for a close-up pic of the arms of the stools - they look kinda cool. Did you find them already made or have them custom done. Love the kitchen - as always.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here you go blfenton. They are custom made, mainly because I really wanted these curved arms and couldn't find them anywhere. Our counter is also 3 inches or so higher than normal so we needed a custom height:

• blfenton
    10 years ago

Those look really comfortable. The arms are so pretty with, what I would call, a gracious curve to them, Thanks for showing them to me.

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Beagles:
    Your kitchen is spectacular. My favorite wall is that china cabinet that spans the whole wall and in which you can view all your pretty plates. I wanted a wall like that but just couldn't figure out how to do it with kitchen that I have. It's all so beautifully planned. The stools look wonderful too :)

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Beagles -LOL about your DH papers. I created a spot in my remodel for DH to store his papers, but he still puts them in very neat piles all over the dining room table.

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

beagles, your kitchen is even more stunning 2 years later! it looks so warm and inviting with all of your nice things inside the cabinets. love your butterfly teacups!

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

a2gemini, I'm glad I'm not the only one w/ a DH who thinks papers add to the decor :)

When I first met my husband and went over to his house, there were papers everywhere! He even kept old calendar pages that he never looked at stacked up on his dresser because "they were funny."

I'm sure his office still looks like that, but I don't go over there!

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

Good to see you again Beagles. Your kitchen is glorious...exactly as all the renditions illustrated. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the space.

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

Your kitchen is still my favorite favorite! The bar stools are perfect and everything is so beautiful Beagles! I'm coming to PA this weekend, but only to Pittsburgh - that's still far from you, right?

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pittsburgh is four or five hours away. Come to Philly, then you'll be close and can come visit :)