Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snowyshasta

I know it's not in my kitchen, but I love my granite!

snowyshasta
15 years ago

We're still waiting on the kitchen granite (soon) but they installed the granite in our master bathroom shower, and I'm in love!

It's Costa Esmerelda and I just love the patterning and the color. Looking forward to our kitchen counters going in, too, so I have more granite to enjoy :-)

Comments (17)

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

If I ever do a granite shower, I'm using that!!! I can't imagine finding a shower surface I would love more.

You don't mind that I'm in love with it too, do you? I mean, I probably would get my own slab, after all ... ;-D

• bobber4
    15 years ago

Snowy,
    How thick is your granite in your shower? I'm considering it and was wondering if you used 1 or 2cm. I can see why you love it--it is beautiful. Are you using the same think on the countertops in the bathroom?

• snowyshasta
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks moonkat, you are allowed to love it, too! Several people have had it in their kitchens lately, and I've been salivating over those pictures.

Bobber, it's 2 cm, that's what we were able to find locally. We are using the same granite (well, different slab but from the same yard) on the countertop in the bathroom. So it's also 2 cm but will have a laminated edge.

• rhome410
    15 years ago

That's gorgeous, Snowy! Another reason not to want to get out of the shower...

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

What a great idea! I had never thought of getting granite slab in a shower... NO GROUT! What are you putting on the shower floor? I just love it!

• ccoombs1
    15 years ago

That the same thing I want to do in my master bathroom shower. It is just SO pretty and easy to clean! I love your selection too.

• bobber4
    15 years ago

Snowy,
    Do you have a tub as well? If so, what are you using around it?

• snowyshasta
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, no grout lines was my goal here, I hated the grout in our previous shower. The shower base is actually Corian - we were going to do Swanstone but apparently it didn't come in the size we needed so our designer found that Corian would custom make a base for us. It's actually there, you can see the tan color of it below the granite, but the rest of the pan is covered by plywood/paper right now for protection. I'll have to take a picture of the whole thing once it's finished.

We do have a tub, too, they actually just installed the granite on the counter and tub surround today, here's a picture:

You can see the shower wall on the very right edge of this picture, and the vanity counter is to the left, but I didn't think to get a picture of the whole vanity.

I know it was a splurge, but I am just in love with the granite, and so excited for the easier cleaning!

• kelleg69
    15 years ago

This is the granite I am in love with too. Thanks for sharing pictures. How neat that you get to use granite slabs in your shower!!!

• gglks
    15 years ago

omg!!!!!! i used costa esmerelda in my kitchen and almost passed out at the price of it.....i can't even imagine what that bathroom cost you!!!!!!!! although, is was the ONLY granite i would have in my kitchen so i know the feeling!!!!

• kelleg69
    15 years ago

gglks, I know the feeling. The CE is more than I wanted to spend, but I think it is the thing for my kitchen, so I am going to have to save somewhere else!
    Showyshasta--when does it get installed in your kitchen? Can't wait to see....

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

Gorgeous! I love it. Absolutely beautiful!

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

I so love granite shower surrounds. I'm really hoping that the 1 cm granites will become more available so that I can do this with my master bath remodel (if we ever get there...).

Yours is coming out gorgeous.

• snowyshasta
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We are actually using a different granite (Blue Eyes) in the kitchen. DH got to choose that one. He fell in love with that one, I loved this one, and it worked out that we could do both in the rooms. The kitchen granite will be installed on Friday - I'm looking forward to seeing it!

• justnotmartha
    15 years ago

Love it, Snowy - nice job!! Glad you were able to find it here in town!

• cbreeze
    15 years ago

What are you using for the shower ceiling ? I'd love to have a granite shower too. I currently have a tiled shower and I also tiled the ceiling. Love your granite shower.

• snowyshasta
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The ceiling will just be the drywall as you see in the picture, nothing special. The granite goes up to the ceiling, but the shower enclosure itself won't, so I don't think we need to do anything special. There will be two can lights in the ceiling, too, which will have special covers to help keep out moisture.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!