Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Cabinets have arrived ...

Posted by SapphireMoon (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 23:46

They are at the company I ordered them from. :)
The contractor wants me to have everything picked out before they start working on the kitchen. Tentative start date is Oct 15th. I'm excited but freaking out cause I don't have everything together.
I managed to take off work Friday to get some things picked out.
I had ordered my sink and faucet last week and picked it up yesterday. Blanco Silgranite 60/40 Biscotti and Delta Leland faucet.
Got my cabinet knobs and drawer pulls ordered yesterday. They should be in Wednesday.
I went to the lighting place that the contractor uses to check on UCL. The LEDs are so pricey there. The Xenon are more affordable there. I can't decide what to do on that. I did find a pendant and chandelier that I like. I had found a pendant and chandelier online that I like too. Can't decide which one of those now.
I made an appointment with the flooring guy he uses. I waited on him for 30 minutes at his shop and he hadn't shown up so I left and went to another Flooring store that I had been to before looking. I found a floor I like there and they will tear out and install it. I don't know whether I should try to make another appointment with his flooring guy or go with the floor I found that I like. As for the backsplash, I have a sample of Rixi Crema. I love it but I don't think I can afford the shipping on it(about $350), so I took it with me to see if they would have anything similar to it. They are trying to find something.

This Pendant and Chandelier...
Photobucket

Photobucket

or this Pendant and Chandelier...

Photobucket

Photobucket

What do ya'll think of all this together? I would just use 3 rows of the mosaic instead of 4 as shown. I'm going with Cambria Canterbury. The small wood sample is my cabinet color. The ceramic is rixi crema. Not for sure if I'm going with it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks for all the help!
I appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Cabinets have arrived ...

ooooooooooooooo
Lovely.
You must be so excited! Your finishes are lovely.
Keep 'em coming!

o

Looks perfect to me. Can't wait to see the finished kitchen.

o

Wow, that will be a beautiful kitchen. You must be so excited!
Did you say the shipping was $350? Maybe because it is so heavy?
We had our floor shipped to my DH's business. By shipping it to a business instead of a residence it decreased the shipping charges significantly. Not sure if that would work in your situation.

o

I have a Biscotti sink with cherry cabs and a beige quartz counter, and I'm having trouble seeing that sink work with the gray tones of the mosaic. Your palette looks too cool to me and I feel like the sink is going to be the odd man out. Can you show us your choices next to the sink?

o

Thank you :)

I'm going to check on shipping on the tile to the company I work for. I work for a Printing & Publishing company and they have a loading bay.

I'll get a picture of the palette with the sink tomorrow. I took the counter top with me when I picked the sink. I had thought about Truffle first til I put it next to the Biscotti. I don't have the mosaic here at the house.

I've decided on the first pendant and chandelier pictured. The pendant did it for me. Love the curves in them.

Thanks again for the input.

o

Yes, I see how it works with the quartz. You pulled out the warmer beige/tan spots with the Biscotti. Is the Rixi Crema in the same color family as the Biscotti? It looks very white compared to Biscotti.

Photo of my sink in Caesarstone Buttermilk. Buttermilk is kind of a greige and Biscotti is a good match.

o

Ooh - I love your choices! The kitchen is going to look fabulous.

o

So excited for you!!! I love the Cambria Canterbury. I had wanted it, but it was too busy to use with mexican tile. Enjoying my blackwood. Also love the curves on your light fixtures. Sexy!!! What is your cabinet finish?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here