Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help w/range color please

Posted by persimmon3 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 27, 12 at 23:35

i'm still finalizing my kitchen remodel plans. so far i have decided to go with white shaker-style cabinets and island with cambria torquey (whitish marble-look) countertops and dark walnut on the island. three walls will have the white cabinets and the last wall (farthest from the 'working' area) will have dark walnut cabinets (pantry, etc.). hardwood floors to match the cabinets and island countertop. my appliances are all stainless steel. backsplash is up in the air ... maybe white subway tiles or white walls with clear glass. i am seriously considering a stainless steel backsplash behind the cooking range that goes all the way up to the hood. next week there will be a bluestar demonstration where i plan to purchase my 36" bluestar free-standing range and they are offering a couple of promotions if a purchase is complete within a couple of weeks of the demonstration ... one being free color knobs on the range or free color on the whole range. do you think a color range would look good in this kitchen layout or too much?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help w/range color please

I think it would look incredible, highlight the love you have for your range, and make your kitchen vibrant and exciting, in addition to being beautiful.

You've been really conservative with color and finishes thus far, so my suggestions might be a bit too colorful for you,but consider them as the edge of the box, as it were.

I would go for color on the range, not just the handles, and any color will work in your scheme, so go for your favorite here. The ones that catch my eye are either of the blues (my favorite color - and blue goes well with brown) or any of the reds, particularly vermillion, red orange, and wine red. You might want to add hints of the same hue to your bs scheme as well to pull things together, so you don't see white on a wood background, then one jarring shot of color.

o
RE: help w/range color please

your suggestions are much appreciated! i had my eye on the blue you have attached! i can feel my kitchen coming together and it is so exciting! thank you so much for your advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here