Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you clean charbroiler

Posted by kamkar2006 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 23:26

Does anyone else have the wolf stove with the charbroiler. Any tips on keeping this thing clean? I spent 30 mins cleaning it today after cooking chicken on it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you clean charbroiler

Cleaning time is why I finally scrapped the whole charbroiler assembly, had the gas lines capped and installed a slab of granite over the area on my stove top.

The C/B seemed like such good idea at the time, but proved a big pain to clean each time, for very little gain in taste over my infraed broiler, or hardwood-fired outdoor grill.

The stove-top granite slab it turns out is the handiest thing ever. I made the switch more than 15 years ago and never regretted it even once.

HTH,

L.

o
RE: How do you clean charbroiler

I don't have a Wolf so I don't know if there's something particular about it's grill, but with my Monogram grill I did the same as you and spent about 30 minutes cleaning the stupid thing the first time. After that I realized the manufacturer's cleaning instructions are for suckers.

Now I just turn it up high for a few minutes to burn everything off and then scrape it with a wire brush. Works like a charm!! If there's really a lot of burnt-on stuff I'll hit it with the wire brush soaked in hot water ... make sure you have your fan blower going high for that as it gives of a lot of smoke.

We use our grill a lot and I always clean it this way after use. I only take it apart to do a thorough clean very occasionally (like every 2 or 3 months).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here