Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GWlolo, I have a question about your kitchen

Posted by kitchendetective (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 23:26

I caught a glimpse of your pretty backsplash in another thread. Would you tell me which tiles and colors you ultimately used? Fireclay, yes? I guess I missed the final decision.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GWlolo, I have a question about your kitchen

Kitchendetective - thanks for calling my tile pretty ! After all the ABB angst we had and the 7 trips to Fireclay tile, I really appreciate the feedback. The BS tile is Fireclay tile from the Vitrail series. There are three shades - Lt.Sea Green which is around 50% of the tiles with Granny Smith with a matte finish around 30% and Spruce green in glossy finish around 20%. The spruce was a custom glaze as they tried to match a Heath tile I had liked. They did not charge me extra for that. I have some accent tiles in Claret and aubergine around the vintage tile feature behind the cooktop.

Here are some more pics

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I know I know.. I should really do the finished kitchen post.. My excuse until last week was that I was waiting for a couple of things to be fixed which got done this week.. So I am clean out of excuses :)

o

Happy sigh. The combination of your backsplash and countertop is so visually satisfying.

o

Oh, gosh, I looove your kitchen. Have been waiting for more soapstone combined with color. Kudos on a job well done!

o

GWlolo, please post pix of your finished kitchen! I love the glimpses you've posted already. What faucet is that? I've never seen one like it before. And is that a water filter faucet on the right? If so, what type of water filter do you have? I'm hunting for a RO filter and can't figure out what to choose. Thanks.

o

Looking forward to your finished pics! I am color shy and it looks so lovely from what you've shown.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here