Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
And it Starts!!!

Posted by SapphireMoon (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 23:25

The day was finally here for my kitchen reno to start!! They took the cabinets out, moved and added some plugs and switches, and the painter started on the ceiling. I'm so glad to see the popcorn go away.
The painter is going to paint before the install the cabinets. I'm going to have to pick out a paint color. I've been looking at 3 colors from Benjamin Moore, Harmony(love the name), Marble Canyon and Desert Tan.
Here is pictures of today...

Kitchen before Reno 8:00 10-22-12

Kitchen Reno after 1st day 10-22-12

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And it Starts!!!

I'm jealous.

:)

o

Looks like you are off to a fast start. What happens tomorrow?

o

They are going to move the water line for the fridge, the gas line for the oven, patchwork and prep the walls, put in the boxes for the pendants, wiring for the UCL and I think put in the recessed lights. If they get the recessed lighting in, the painter will probably start texturing the ceiling. I'm not sure how much of the work tomorrow I'll be able to see. A lot of attic work.
I'm so excited! :)

o

Exciting! Keep us posted with pictures!!

o

Day 2
Not a whole lot you can see. Wiring, recessed lighting going in. Holes and wiring for pendants. Prepping ceiling for texture and paint. The painter sanded to ceiling. Even with the plastic up, there is alot of dust.

Temporary kitchen... Gotta have my coffee and tea.
Temporary kitchen...

10-23-12, Wiring, recessed lighting going in. Holes and wiring for pendants. Prepping ceiling for texture and paint.

10-23-12

10-23-12

I hope ya'll don't mind all the pictures.
Thank you again for all your help and ideas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here