Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wolf rangetop - how to tile backsplash

Posted by phylhl (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 23:17

Hi - in thinking about my backsplash, I'm now wondering how the heck do I coordinate it with my range top? In the rear of the range top, there is a part about 3/4" that sticks up, has holes like for venting. if i tile down to it, it will cover the holes.

Anyone have a Wolf range top (against a wall) and can you tell me - do i need to pull out the rangetop and tile behind it?

Admittedly, I have not read the manual yet :-(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wolf rangetop - how to tile backsplash

ours is pulled out slightly and tiled behind

o

Mines a range not a range top but should be the same I think. Here's a picture for you. One row of subway tile slightly below the island trim.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Just completed our kitchen with wolf gas range. Tiled first, range installed after, in front of tile

o

Most pro style range tops require that the tile extend below the counter by about 6". So, yes, counter first, install tile, and then range top last.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here