Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colorfast

One Kings Lane Pendants

colorfast
11 years ago

Hi, all,

I am still checking in here occasionally but haven't had any exciting updates to post on my own kitchen.

I have become a bit of a fan of the quick sales on One Kings Lane.com. They are featuring pendant lights for the next 18 hours. Some really pretty stuff.

Comments (12)

• colorfast
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, I figured out how to get a few of the pictures onto my photobucket so you have a few samples. They really felt like Gardenweb type stuff...and no I don't have any commercial ties or friends there.

• lala girl
    11 years ago

I like those! And they are a little different, which is nice. I feel like RH has the market cornered on pendant lights...

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Very pretty. I particularly like the first one. Have you purchased from One Kings Lane before? I've been considering signing up. I peruse a few other flash sale sites and have had good luck with one of them, but haven't tried One Kings Lane.

• kashmi
    11 years ago

We bought several lights for our bathroom remodel from One Kings Lane and were very pleased with the service. I double-checked prices first on other online lighting sites. For one order the Kings Lane price was much less expensive. In another case they were only slightly less expensive, since the online sites offered free shipping and OKL charges for shipping. So, like everything else, shop around.

• colorfast
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Prickly, I just placed my first order at One Kings Lane, so I am still in the process of evaluating them. I found them through a photographer who occasionally sells his work on there. I did some googling of it and it seemed legit. I have gotten invites to other quick sale sites but it's kinda new for me too. Glad to know that Kashmi has had good luck there.

I agree that RH has such a hold and it can be spendy. Rejuvenation is great (but also spendy). Nice to have some options between them and the Home Depot/Lowe's level.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

I've bought a few things from OKL: tablecloth, mercury glass candlesticks, and my pendants seen here pre-hanging.

I had an issue with one of the lights and received prompt and curteous customer service. In the end, I wasn't able to get a replacement fixture as the model was discontinued by the manufacturer, but my money was quickly refunded and they offered to take back the other fixture.

Overall comparing prices between OKL and other similar rotating sales shopping sites, I've found OKL's prices are usually better. Of course, sometimes their price isn't better than you can find elsewhere on the web.

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Thanks for the feedback on OKL! I'm glad to hear others have had good experiences and have been pleased with their customer service. Now I feel a lot better about signing up.

Breezy, those pendants are really lovely and every time I see your gorgeous kitchen I just stop and stare.

The other flash sale site I've used before is RueLaLa. So far I haven't had any real problems with them and I've had good luck ordering and returning. Unfortunately, their shipping and return shipping costs are a little high and they are slow to ship. They don't seem to have home items as often as some of the other flash sale sites, but they do periodically have lighting (usually pendants or chandeliers) and dining chairs, stools, tables, as well as kitchen items like knives, pots and pans, etc. Their prices have looked pretty good for the most part, though I also usually check other sites to make certain.

• User
    11 years ago

Ijust posted in home decorating forum that joss and main has some very intriguing lights featured today- they are euroface, and the style is melosa. the prices seem very nice as well. just sharing because I thought they were lovely and might appeal to someone

• lalithar
    11 years ago

How do you guys search OKL. I was looking for the pendant and for the life of me could not figure out how to find it.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Lalitha--I don't ever search. When I signed up, I elected to receive daily emails of sales. Every morning, and sometimes other times of the day of they have a special sale, I receive an email with pics of that day's 4-6 sales. If I'm interested in one of the sales, I click on the pic and it takes me to that sale on the OKL website. If I don't see anything interesting in that email, I deleted it.

I think they still have their permanent vintage finds/antique sales section organized by category. These sales aren't timed like the others. All their items are organized by item type so if you wanted to see vintage/antique pendants, you go to the lighting section. New items were, and probably still are, added daily.

HTH!

• colorfast
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lalitha--I'm afraid you are too late. There was a sale featuring lighting, including lamps and overhead lights and maybe some lantern type things too. I think it ended about Tuesday.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Yes. The sale is over, but keep looking. I've seen those same pendants on sale quite a few times over the past few months. If OKL pattern holds true to last year, they will sell these same pendants until the end of the year or so. You should be able to find them again.