Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamabear2010

Kitchen Faucet - Help me choose!!!!

mamabear2010
13 years ago

OK, I have seen the great kitchen faucet threads already on here and have been going through tons of faucets online and I am getting pooped and bug-eyed. I wish there were a "faucet finder" where you plug in your wants and "ta-da" there it is!

Please, please, please I would love, love, love your help with this!!

I would like a pull-down with spray mode and would LOVE for the spray to stay on after I push the button (not have to hold the button down). Am looking for WHATEVER finish will go with a smooth copper sink - perimeter countertops are black granite, white cabinetry. Island is dark espresso with white marble top. Cherry floors.

I seem to find something I like and then it only comes in chrome or satin nickel - which I don't think will work.

Have looked at ShowHouse Woodmere and Grohe Bridgeford - but they both seem to not have the "lock" feature for the spray.

Also like Hansgrohe Talis C - but is it too dark (the rubbed bronze is almost black). Also don't know if it has the spray lock.

Then I get agita about the cabinet hardware which hasn't been selected yet - I think it will depend on the faucet - am I wrong to be thinking this?

Should I forget about the spray lock feature (does it exist?) What about a more contemporary/modern faucet - would that work with the kitchen?

Am more than happy to post more details if needed to help... I so appreciate you - thank you so much - can't wait to hear your suggestions.

Comments (10)

• Buehl
    13 years ago

The "spray lock" definitely exists...both my pull down and pull out faucets have it.

I have the Kohler Vinnata pull down that comes in:
    * Polished Chrome
    * Brushed Chrome
    * Vibrant Polished Nickel
    * Vibrant Brushed Nickel
    * Vibrant Stainless
    * Vibrant Brushed Bronze
    * Oil Rubbed Bronze

Have you checked the "Brushed Bronze"?

Other Kohler finishes, depending on the faucet model:
    * Matte Black
    * Black
    * White

I recommend you go to a big box store and look at the various manufacturer's finishes. Hopefully it will help. You could also go to a pluming supply store or independent kitchen place, but most of them have a very limited faucet/fixture display, if they have any at all.

As to hardware...I'm in the camp that likes to have the hardware and fixtures in the same "color family"...i.e., all "silvers" or all "golds". However, I do think that "black" or "white" in either will go with other things.

As an example, I have Antique Iron hardware, Brushed Nickel faucets/soap dispensers/air switch, and pewter pendants. All different "metals" but all in the "silver" color family.

• riverspots
    13 years ago

I have the Woodmere. The spray does lock if the water pressure/volume is high enough.

• isletwoisle
    13 years ago

I feel your pain! I had a document where I cut and pasted dozens of faucets and then gradually eliminated all but one: the Grohe Minta is a pull-down and also has the spray lock feature. It's very contemporary if that's the look you want. Ours is in supersteel, which is their name for a slightly brushed stainless.

Do all kitchen finishes need to "match"? IMO, not exactly, but in the same "family" is my preference. Our guests might think it was all planned from the start, but it kind of just came together as we went along. (After appliances), my thinking was get the sink figured out, then the faucet, then get the hardware to match as close as we could. So while none of our finishes are EXACTLY the same, everything ended up in the "brushed stainless" category, generally. There was some definite apprehension as each box arrived (after ordering everything online and not truly knowing what the finishes would be). But it worked out.

• doonie
    13 years ago

mamabear, you are correct. The Grohe Bridgeford does not have a lock feature.

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

My Santec Penza locks--it's on my prep sink. It is sorta contemporary though and I am not sure that's what you are looking for. You push down on the top button of the head and it will spray. If you want it to lock there, you twist the button head slightly while pushing and it stays there until you turn water off.

• mamabear2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi - thank you for your help on the faucets! I think I have settled on the Woodmere in ORB.

Confirmed Hansgrohe and grohe don't have the lock feature.

And now on to hardware... I looked at a showroom here and Top Knobs ORB was the top contender in terms of color to go with the Woodmere ORB. But the longest drawer pull they have is 7" (I wanted a longer pull like 8-9") and also wanted the same for the appliance pulls. Doesn't seem like many manufacturers make this "set" and I'm not so good at the mixing/matching. I had ordered the Ephram from Restoration Hardware but it was too black compared to the faucet and wasn't going to work - also they didn't have the 10" or 12" available and I was running into issues there with appliance pulls!

Firsthouse, in your pic your faucet looks like a different finish than your hardware - is it? It actually looks really nice with that variation.

• homechef
    13 years ago

I'm not sure about spray lock, but have you looked at Waterstone? They have more finishes than almost any other faucet company and some nifty faucets.

• mamabear2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Homechef, I have looked at Waterstone - they are gorgeous faucets! I am really needing a pull-down faucet and I am pretty sure they do not have one.

Unless... someone wants to convince me I don't need a pull-down... I have just had a pull-down forever and I do use it fairly often.

OK, I thought I had this all figured out...

• nerdyshopper
    13 years ago

We just installed a Grohe Ladylux pull down and the spray button stays on until you turn off the faucet, then it reverts to ariated water.

• ca_mom
    13 years ago

Firsthouse: OT, but what is your counter? It's lovely, especially with the white cabinetry.