Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skipper1960

Done remodaling my Kitchen

skipper1960
10 years ago

Finished the Kitchen. I stripted all the cabinets down from a very dark brown and stained them a red cherry. added new counter tops, granite sink, moen faucets and tile back splash. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Comments (20)

• skipper1960
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the after picture

• skipper1960
    Original Author
    10 years ago

before

• skipper1960
    Original Author
    10 years ago

After

• cj47
    10 years ago

EDIT: Whoops! You must have been posting your second pic while i was commenting on the first one...starting over....

Wow, you did all the cabinets? THAT was a lot of work!! But worth it, because they turned out beautifully. The new counter with the Silgranit sink and the oil rubbed bronze faucet gives the whole room an updated, fresh look. I bet you smile every time you walk in!

Enjoy the new kitchen!

Cj

This post was edited by cj47 on Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 23:50

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I don't think that's stainless, it looks like a light-colored Silgranit to me.

The kitchen looks wonderful - especially the cabinet color.

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

Oh, the top picture does have a stainless sink but it also has different counters, so it must be partially a "before" picture.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Great job on your cabinets, love the red cherry color. The light colored sink & dark faucet combined with your countertop and backsplash all work so well together. Very nice!

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

How long did it take you to refinish all those drawers? Did you take them off to lay flat?

BS goes well with counters.

• skipper1960
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It took me about a week to sand, stain and put a protective finish on my cabinets. I also went through 2 handsanders and I changed out the knobs. A lot cheaper than buying new.

And yes, the sink is a Blanco granite silicant, biscuit color.

• Cindy103d
    10 years ago

Beautiful work. Can't believe you did all the cabinets in a week! That is a LOT of work.

• rosie
    10 years ago

I love what you did with your cabinets. They're very handsome and look like new. I also like the interest that old chest gives your kitchen; nice that it didn't have to go.

It looks like you have have been able to cover your old counters with new laminate. ? I intend to do that soon at our little vacation place and am really looking forward to it.

Happy cooking. )

• ineffablespace
    10 years ago

The new finish looks great :)

• lam702
    10 years ago

Great job, but whew! That is a lot of work. We stripped and refinished our cabinets in our last house, they were old but very well made, we were happy with the way they came out but we didn't get it done in a week. I am impressed! I like the new backsplash too. Very nice!

• juddgirl2
    10 years ago

It looks really nice! I'm sure it was a lot of work refinishing the cabinets but they look new.

• scootermom
    10 years ago

You did a great job! Your cabinets look gorgeous and I love how fresh and pulled-together it all looks. Congrats!!

• kam76
    10 years ago

Wow what a difference! Beautiful kitchen you should be proud of all your yard work!

• beachpea3
    10 years ago

Wow! What an accomplishment...and all in only one week...impressive! Love the new cherry stain and the new counter....Awesome! Congratulations!

• jesshs
    10 years ago

Wow- you put in a lot of hard work!

May I make one suggestion- I would either paint your wood trim around your windows white or stain the wood to match your cabinets maybe? I'm not an expert, but the two different wood tones so close together are throwing me off a little bit. But it may just be me.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Amazing and impressive!
    Most go for new cabinets but you will always have a special place in your heart for your cabinets!

• skipper1960
    Original Author
    10 years ago

To JessHS, You are correct about the window color. Staining is what I would like to do.

Thanks for your helpful comments