Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite Backsplash Source?

Posted by chedanemi (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 22:50

Looking for favorite sources for backsplash tiles. I haven't made any decision on mine and need to get some ideas. My countertop is Cambria Parys and cabinets are Kraftmaid Pebble Gray.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite Backsplash Source?

That's a lot of gray. Gray paint too? Are you hoping to introduce color in the bs? What is your budget in $/sf, and what is the look you're going for (modern, rustic, etc..) Do you have a fondness for a particular material (glass, marble)?

I don't have a favorite tile source per se. I think about the final feeling of the room and the role the bs will play (STAR or extra). You've got a lot of small bits in the counter material, so you want to keep the bs more homogeneous - no little bits. But you could go for wonderful color and interesting shapes. The ones below are from Fireclay Tile and come in many different glazes.

o
RE: Favorite Backsplash Source?

The walls will be sort of a bluish gray, and the woodwork will be white. I think I want the bs to be mostly white with maybe some crackle glass in it, but just not sure. The countertop is definitely the star of the kitchen, so the bs needs to be a supporting act! When I have things installed, I can post a picture, but in the meantime, I would appreciate favorite sites.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here