Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marmoreus_gw

finished backspash pic

marmoreus
13 years ago

Hi there,

I tried to post this to a thread where I asked for input, but since it's fallen off the site, it won't let me. Anyway, as a thank you to those who helped and for anyone looking for a picture of Walker Zanger Pipe Smoke in action (I had a real hard time finding any) here ya go!

Tile used: Walker Zanger Gramercy Park (Heirloom White and Pipe Smoke)

Comments (27)

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Wow! That came out awesome! You should kiss the tile installer ;) for the great job!

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

Lovely, simple and elegant behind the stove feature. That tile really has some beautiful variation. May I ask how expensive it is? I am looking for something in the white, slightly gray or taupe family and the pipe smoke could be an option.

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

I can't say it any better than the above comments, it's just lovely, simple, elegant, just the right touch. Perfect, perfect choice. I can't wait to see the rest!

• jterrilynn
    13 years ago

Wow I really like that...so calm, classy and easy to get along with for years to come.

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

Beautiful BS--love the color variation!!!

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

So pretty! I love how clean and crisp, modern and yet vintage it looks.

• shaughnn
    13 years ago

Hello Marmoreus,
    Nice clean results.Do you know what joint spacing your installer used? What color grout did you choose to tie the White and Smoke colors together?

Sparklekitty,
    My price list has the 2"x6" "Heirloom White glossy" retailing at $28.89 ft2 and the 2"x6" "Pipe Smoke crazed" retailing at $31.66 ft2. As those are retail prices, I expect that they can be had for a bit less if you hunt around.
    Shaughnn

• francoise47
    13 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the clean, quiet elegance of the colors and lines. Love the rhythm and balance of the elevation. This is one of the most successful range hood, backsplash combinations I've ever seen. Congrats! When will we see the whole kitchen?

• marmoreus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so much everyone! I've loved seeing so many of your kitchens finish up--they are beautiful! So I really appreciate your comments.

Thanks shaughnn for helping to answer sparklekitty's question. I think that is about what the retail price was. At the end of our build, this tile wasn't in the budget, but because of some issues we'd had with the tile and granite people and to just get the darn thing done, our builder gave us a big discount on them. Otherwise, I was going to use the Horus Art subway tile and just do all white.

For shaughnn--the installers butted the tiles up to each other and since they are handmade and uneven, they sanded (not sure if that's the correct tile term) some of the edges to facilitate that. The grout color is Tec Standard White 931.

I am hoping to post the finished pictures soon. We've been moved in for a month now so I need to do it!

Thanks again!

• shaughnn
    13 years ago

Thanks for the information Marmoreus. I think I like the Gramercy Park better than the Horus Art Broadway series. Which Horus Art series were you considering?
    Shaughnn

• marmoreus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was considering the Tiffany crackle series. If you've seen willow decor's or katieob's kitchens, they both used that tile (in the Bianco/white color).

• Sue Brunette (formerly known as hockeychik)
    13 years ago

Oh, that does look nice. Sometimes you look at all the busy multiple tile pieces and forget how lovely something simple can be. Love it. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

• research_queen
    13 years ago

lovely

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

Looks fabulous...simple and classy!!!

• remodel-mama
    13 years ago

marmoreus - it's really beautiful! Congrats!

Would you mind sharing the name of your handles/pulls? Thanks!

• marmoreus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, all you kind GWers!

remodel-mama, the handles are Amerock Highland Ridge. Nice, hefty handles (and knobs). I like them a lot. The place I ordered them from had great prices and they shipped pretty quick. See link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amerock Highland Ridge pulls

• Buehl
    13 years ago

Very nice!

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

Hi - I just happened on this thread, because I'm comparing teh WZ grammercy park (heirloom white) with the Horus Art tiles. I would love to see photos of Horus Art if anyone has used them in white. Also, mam -- how are you liking the WZ? I assume what you have is crackle, correct? Any issues?
    thanks! Beautiful, just gorgeous backsplash!

• shahidsaif
    11 years ago

very nice picture . okey

• marmoreus
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love my WZ tile and have had no problems with them. I've splattered all kinds of things on them (including tomato-based sauces) and they clean up perfectly.

Two people that I know of used the white Horus art tiles in their kitchens and I think they look fabulous:

http://willowdecor.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-kitchen-unveiled.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1214574727319.html

• susanlynn2012
    11 years ago

marmoreous, I am in love with your backsplash and the beautiful gray tile backsplash unique design above the range! I also love your cabinets white color and style as well as the hardware and counters. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations on a beautiful kitchen with a gorgeous backsplash by talented installers!

• chloe.chloe
    11 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen!!! I love it!! Could you post MORE pics of your beautiful space???

• marmoreus
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, lynn and chloe!

Below is the link to the thread where I posted more pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: finished kitchen pics

• michelle16
    11 years ago

phylhl- I believe katieob used the horus one's in her old kitchen, and the grammercy park in her new kitchen

• michelle16
    11 years ago

phylhl- I believe katieob used the horus one's in her old kitchen, and the grammercy park in her new kitchen

• p.ball2
    11 years ago

Wow! really nice and the color change is subtle but still stand s out enough to be a great feature.

I will clip this for my file when I get around to the backsplash.

• geomeg
    10 years ago

I know this is an older thread but lovely kitchen!
    I am considering the pipe smoke for my backsplash, I'm waiting for a sample.
    I'm hoping it won't be too dark with my off-white cabinets.

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource