Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quartz_crystal

Help! Kitchen Layout Suggestions/Feedback

quartz_crystal
11 years ago

Hello all,

I have to say that I love this site. I've been researching all aspects of my new home build; this site always comes up in google with excellent insight provided by the many forum members. So, now it's time for me to ask for some help, bear with me, this is my first post.

I'm working on my main floor plan and am having second thoughts on some things.

1) For those of you with experience with a sink in the island, do you recommend? Thoughts?

2) My pantry is situated in the corner of the L, beside it is the double wall ovens and beside that is the fridge. The sink and D/W are directly opposite in the island. I'm concerned that there's a lot of activity concentrated in that one space. Any thoughts, insight, suggestions for improvements?

3) Any thoughts on the island? We're trying to use it as a visiting station, breakfast area, prep area all in one. It also creates a bit of a separation between the living room and the front part of the house. The idea is triangulating our entertaining - for formal entertaining, we would concentrate in the kitchen, dining room and parlour. For more informal gatherings, we would concentrate in the kitchen, living room (sunken) and dining room. Also, the living room brings the indoor and outdoor spaces together for summer entertaining.

My DH worries that I'm over-thinking it, but I'm of the opinion that you only get one shot, so do it right.

I would love to hear your feedback!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz