Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any thoughts on this quartzite for a large island?

Posted by buckrogers (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 22:33

kitchen is basically off-white shaker with va mist perimeter, though this would go on black island cabinets. prep sink goes in the upper right corner, seats at the bottom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any thoughts on this quartzite for a large island?

I absolutely love it! It's exactly what I'm looking for. I am doing white perimeter cabinets and a black island as well. The closest I could find to this is superwhite. What is it called? It's not too busy and looks very expensive!

o

thanks, lcskaisgir. the wholesaler calls it 'Nuage' and says it's Brazilian. I haven't been able to find anything with that name, or any quartzite pictures that look like it so far. this is near DC if you live in the area.

o

I love quartzite, now have it in both first and second home. It's very hard, and beautiful to my eye.

o

I think it's beautiful. Same type kitchen plans here too!

o

Another vote for yes! It is very striking. Make sure you know where they are templating for the island so you can get the parts you like best.

o

Very striking piece of stone. This quartzite would make an eye catching statement as the centerpiece of your kitchen. It should be the star of the show. I look forward to seeing your project progress...Good luck!

o

It's stunning--do it!

o

thanks for the input folks. trying to find a marble alternative.

o

for those of you who were cool enough to respond, here's the unfinished product:

o

Beautiful !!!!

o

Island envy! Simply gorgeous...

o

OOOOOOOHHHHHH that is gorgeous!!! A real show stopper. I made my decision last night for cabinets and countertops and now you've got me second guessing it!! What did you use for the backsplash?

o

That is just gorgeous! Love the piece of stone on your island.
Two questions if you don't mind. What stain did you use on your floors, and what cabinet hardware are you going with?

o

Wonderful kitchen. I am loving all your storage. Especially your stacked upper cabinets and that whole wall thing on the left side of the picture.

o

That is gorgeous! Your whole kitchen is gorgeous! Please post when complete so we can use it as inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

o

Beautiful! The whole kitchen looks great! Looking forward to your reveal!

o

stunning! would love to see more pictures as your work progresses and all the details!

o

Wow, that is just gorgeous -- the island and all the rest. I also would like to know what tile you used for the BS.

o

Very nice! If you have time to stop back and answer - what countertop is on your perimeter? They go very well together. Also - what is your backsplash?

You need to post a full reveal with details. :) This teeny glimpse is not enough!

o

thanks everyone. the backsplash is Waterworks Architectonics 3x6 field tile in Icewater, and the floor is refinished red oak that was water popped and stained with Jacobean. The cabinet pulls are likely going to be the Alno Charlie A726 for everything but the top row of doors, which get a shaker knob that I can't find right now, all in chrome. Perimeter counters are Virginia Mist honed, island countertop is Nuage quartzite, cabinets are Decora. Sinks and the bar + prep faucets are Ruvati, main faucet is Kraus, all from Overstock. Thermador 30" columns and 48" range, Bosch dishwasher, Sharp microwave drawer. Hope that helps.

This post was edited by buckrogers on Tue, Oct 22, 13 at 12:21

o

Buck:
It's fabulous! The island is definitely a wow factor for your kitchen :)

o

Love it, love it. I'm jealous!

o

Beautiful! I would love to see more pictures, especially of the perimeter and backsplash!

o

Hi I have a slab of this gorgeous quartzite on hold for me unfortunately they do not have a sample for me to test I'm wondering if you have any issues with it scratching or etching?

o

I have quartzite and live it. It has been a few months of really easy maintenance. I polish it regularly because it is so satisfying. Good luck with selecting yours.

o

GORGEOUS! Love the quartzite!

o

It's beautiful!

o

Any more pics for us to drool over?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here