Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Calacatta Installed Yesterday; Contractor Finished Today-Pictures

KevinMP
11 years ago

Here's an update on the progress. My contractor came today and finished his end. I still have to paint trim and touch up some of the corners and seal the marble backsplash. Enjoy, for now.

{{gwi:1492999}}

{{gwi:1493000}}

{{gwi:1493001}}

{{gwi:1493002}}

{{gwi:1493003}}

{{gwi:1493004}}

{{gwi:1493005}}

{{gwi:1493006}}

{{gwi:1493007}}

{{gwi:1493008}}

{{gwi:1493009}}

{{gwi:1493010}}

Comments (22)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    11 years ago

OOh , very nice. I love the b/s, you dont see many squares.

I also really like your wall color and the contrast your knobs provide. Great rug, and Im s a sucker for old doors and doorknobs.

Its very au courant, yet a little different

• KevinMP
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The door is such a bizarre size, I have to keep it or else have one custom made (which I just had to do for the front to meet the historical requirements at a cost of $3K). But the bonus is that the moulding and panels on the door match the cabinets perfectly.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Posted a quick compliment over on your thread in the bathroom forum, but had to add one here as well--it came out really great!!!!! The tile is beautiful, and looks great with both counter materials.

(still love the kitty!)

• User
    11 years ago

Everything is just perfect. A little gem of a kitchen. I agree with mnt...I would never part with that old door ! I have an 1890 home and it is the details that remain that make it so special. You have really honored your home. c

• User
    11 years ago

I love this kitchen and the new sideboard area. Another shot of your warm, inviting DR and entry area (LR?) wouldn't hurt my feelings either. If I remember correctly, I swooned the first time I saw it. You live right!

• deedles
    11 years ago

Beautiful! The BS really 'ties the room together, man'. Seriously, it's lovely. Also love that old door and the knob/hardware.

Is your pantry area 24" deep or is it a bit shallower? Did you post the interiors of your pantry wall on an earlier post?

• kim23185
    11 years ago

deedles-I must be out of my element, always thought it was the rug that tied the room together! ;)
    KevinMP-All the parts of your kitchen work so beautifully together. I am loving those rugs and the wall color too. Your new countertop is a lovely contrast to the absolute black, we have the same combo. Beautiful!!

• kim23185
    11 years ago

deedles-I must be out of my element, always thought it was the rug that tied the room together! ;)
    KevinMP-All the parts of your kitchen work so beautifully together. I am loving those rugs and the wall color too. Your new countertop is a lovely contrast to the absolute black, we have the same combo. Beautiful!!

• peonybush
    11 years ago

It looks amazing. Not sure I would have been brave enough to pair that backsplash with the marble countertop but I love it. Truly one of my favorites now!
    Nice job.

• angel411
    11 years ago

Just beautiful! Now people can see how great creamy cabinets and white marble go together. I love it!

• enduring
    11 years ago

Lovely, and I posted over on the Bathroom forum too.

I just have to repeat that your cat matches your kitchen! You may not know that there was a whole lot of "dogs" matching the kitchens a while back. It was a fun thread but I can't find it. Maybe it was on several threads with various names.

• localeater
    11 years ago

The kitchen looks great. I love the creamy cabinets, so warm and inviting. Love the pulls you ended up using- they look great.

• SaintPFLA
    11 years ago

DROOL!...

Love it!....and the cute kitty too!

• Mick Mick
    11 years ago

I love your choices. You have great taste! Enjoy.

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

Beautiful job. Incredibly warm and inviting.

• taggie
    11 years ago

It looks great! I love the two countertops, and I totally love those pulls and knobs. Perfect choice to carry the backsplash behind the fridge too, it looks really finished that way. Great job.

• KevinMP
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone. It's hard to believe the cabinets on the other side are the same boxes with paint and new doors/hardware. A big difference with not a ton of work and in a couple of weeks time. I posted pictures of the interior of the drawers and pantry cabinets earlier, but the pantries are still a work in progress because I have to install the trash pullout and cannot decide whether I want it in the pantry by the door or in the small blind cabinet beside the sink.

But here they are. I'll be posting actual before and after pictures this weekend.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• catkin
    11 years ago

Wonderful marble and that kitty is precious!
    You must be so thrilled with all that organization! I have that same microwave and I'm loving it's small footprint.

• starinasgarden
    11 years ago

Well done! Great use of space, and a beautiful transformation. Love the kitty.

• labbie
    11 years ago

Beautiful! It came together so nicely (and relatively quickly....can you have your contractor give mine a call?? ugh)
    It's amazing how much extra storage that wall unit provides. Great job (and I also love the kitty).

• KevinMP
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Don't be fooled. My contractor does work quickly, but it still took four days labor--spread out over two weeks.

Thanks everyone. The tile looks even lighter now that everything has dried. I'll seal it tomorrow and take new pictures in daylight.

• KevinMP
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry. I moved the pictures when I was creating a new album. There will be new ones tomorrow with before and after pictures and an explanation of what I used, etc.

{{gwi:1493011}}

{{gwi:1493012}}

{{gwi:1493013}}

{{gwi:1493015}}

{{gwi:1493017}}

{{gwi:1493018}}

{{gwi:1493019}}

{{gwi:1493020}}

{{gwi:1493021}}

{{gwi:1493022}}

{{gwi:1493023}}

{{gwi:1493024}}