Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calacatta Installed Yesterday; Contractor Finished Today-Pictures

Posted by KevinMP (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 17, 12 at 22:33

Here's an update on the progress. My contractor came today and finished his end. I still have to paint trim and touch up some of the corners and seal the marble backsplash. Enjoy, for now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calacatta Installed Yesterday; Contractor Finished Today-Pict

OOh , very nice. I love the b/s, you dont see many squares.

I also really like your wall color and the contrast your knobs provide. Great rug, and Im s a sucker for old doors and doorknobs.

Its very au courant, yet a little different

o

The door is such a bizarre size, I have to keep it or else have one custom made (which I just had to do for the front to meet the historical requirements at a cost of $3K). But the bonus is that the moulding and panels on the door match the cabinets perfectly.

o

Posted a quick compliment over on your thread in the bathroom forum, but had to add one here as well--it came out really great!!!!! The tile is beautiful, and looks great with both counter materials.

(still love the kitty!)

o

Everything is just perfect. A little gem of a kitchen. I agree with mnt...I would never part with that old door ! I have an 1890 home and it is the details that remain that make it so special. You have really honored your home. c

o

I love this kitchen and the new sideboard area. Another shot of your warm, inviting DR and entry area (LR?) wouldn't hurt my feelings either. If I remember correctly, I swooned the first time I saw it. You live right!

o

Beautiful! The BS really 'ties the room together, man'. Seriously, it's lovely. Also love that old door and the knob/hardware.

Is your pantry area 24" deep or is it a bit shallower? Did you post the interiors of your pantry wall on an earlier post?

o

deedles-I must be out of my element, always thought it was the rug that tied the room together! ;)
KevinMP-All the parts of your kitchen work so beautifully together. I am loving those rugs and the wall color too. Your new countertop is a lovely contrast to the absolute black, we have the same combo. Beautiful!!

o

deedles-I must be out of my element, always thought it was the rug that tied the room together! ;)
KevinMP-All the parts of your kitchen work so beautifully together. I am loving those rugs and the wall color too. Your new countertop is a lovely contrast to the absolute black, we have the same combo. Beautiful!!

o

It looks amazing. Not sure I would have been brave enough to pair that backsplash with the marble countertop but I love it. Truly one of my favorites now!
Nice job.

o

Just beautiful! Now people can see how great creamy cabinets and white marble go together. I love it!

o

Lovely, and I posted over on the Bathroom forum too.

I just have to repeat that your cat matches your kitchen! You may not know that there was a whole lot of "dogs" matching the kitchens a while back. It was a fun thread but I can't find it. Maybe it was on several threads with various names.

o

The kitchen looks great. I love the creamy cabinets, so warm and inviting. Love the pulls you ended up using- they look great.

o

DROOL!...

Love it!....and the cute kitty too!

o

I love your choices. You have great taste! Enjoy.

o

Beautiful job. Incredibly warm and inviting.

o

It looks great! I love the two countertops, and I totally love those pulls and knobs. Perfect choice to carry the backsplash behind the fridge too, it looks really finished that way. Great job.

o

Thanks everyone. It's hard to believe the cabinets on the other side are the same boxes with paint and new doors/hardware. A big difference with not a ton of work and in a couple of weeks time. I posted pictures of the interior of the drawers and pantry cabinets earlier, but the pantries are still a work in progress because I have to install the trash pullout and cannot decide whether I want it in the pantry by the door or in the small blind cabinet beside the sink.

But here they are. I'll be posting actual before and after pictures this weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Wonderful marble and that kitty is precious!
You must be so thrilled with all that organization! I have that same microwave and I'm loving it's small footprint.

o

Well done! Great use of space, and a beautiful transformation. Love the kitty.

o

Beautiful! It came together so nicely (and relatively quickly....can you have your contractor give mine a call?? ugh)
It's amazing how much extra storage that wall unit provides. Great job (and I also love the kitty).

o

Don't be fooled. My contractor does work quickly, but it still took four days labor--spread out over two weeks.

Thanks everyone. The tile looks even lighter now that everything has dried. I'll seal it tomorrow and take new pictures in daylight.

o

Sorry. I moved the pictures when I was creating a new album. There will be new ones tomorrow with before and after pictures and an explanation of what I used, etc.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here