Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenhaven_gw

Just checking in...what's been up?

greenhaven
9 years ago

I have been away a looong time! Very, very busy getting things finished around the house. Making fantastic progress! But....not in the kitchen, lol! Everything is good, just re-prioritized the project list.

-Expecting another grandie! Next punkin is due in May sometime.
-younger son moved in while he waits to leave for the navy in March
-got basement and garages both cleaned out
-hung 1200 feet of fencing for pasture
-got the flowers beds dug out, refilled with top soil, mulched, and my poor orphan perennials in the ground
-completely painted and de-cluttered the living room
-new carpet in downstairs master to replace nasty, doggy carpet from PO, painted all walls and trim in that room, moved our bedroom down into it.
-acquired pallets (finally!) and got wood stacked
-had dog fence installed
-got really, really sick
-got better

See? I HAVE been busy!

And just for Texas_Gal (?), Tuesday standing in her new pasture! Happy as a bug in a rug!:

But I have not forgotten my awesome peeps at the Gardenweb Kitchens Forum. My psyche is forever tainted with TKO. But in a good way! :o)

Please tell me what's been up with you and whose reveals I have missed!

Comments (14)

• Texas_Gem
    9 years ago

Greenhaven- nice to see a post from you and I'm glad to see Tuesday enjoying her pasture!

You should come back and join our weekly threads. They have been going since mid-May and are still going strong. Its a nice area to update what we have been doing and its what keeps me coming back to GW even when nothing is happening, kitchen wise.

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Hey! Sorry to hear you've been sick and glad you're feeling better. Tuesday looks wonderful. Have you finished your kitchen yet? What were we waiting for, painted beadboard backsplash, I believe.

• romy718
    9 years ago

Great to hear from you. You've been extremely busy. Between you & CF Freeman's group, I feel like a lazy slug. I have a long list to do, gotta get on it.
    Mayflowers, Kitchendetective, OldBat, myself & others have been helping (torturing) MichelleW90 with her backsplash. Remember how many paint samples you tried for us ? She's been much more accommodating and has gotten literally 100 tile samples (eye candy) for us to look at.
    Glad you made a full recovery & thanks for the pic of your horse & congrats on the upcoming arrival of the new little one.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Green haven- glad to hear from you! Definitely come join us on Freeman's post.
    Tuesday is so cute in her pasture!
    I need to de clutter our house as well.
    Glad you are better as well

• texasgal47
    9 years ago

Greenhaven, Texasgal here to say thanks for letting me see your four legged sweetheart again! She's such a charmer. And congrats on the expected new grande. However, I'm jealous as have only two.
    It's always good to hear from you. What a busy gal you've been! You make me tired just reading about your activities. However, I'm still waiting for your kitchen reveal. Please send me a heads up by email when the big day finally arrives. By the way, so happy to hear you are now feeling better.

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Wow you have been busy! You've timed your return well, firsthouse_mp is going to present her reveal in the next couple of weeks. Mtnrdredux posted her belated kitchen reveal, (to which I go back frequently for the paper runner source, love them!). I'm linking hers below. Have you seen romy's lovely reveal? Love the picture of Tuesday in her new field! Very sorry to hear about your being sick, glad you are better.

• rebunky
    9 years ago

Thank you for the update. You should be proud of yourself because you have accomplished a lot! That picture of your horse is so peaceful. I was following your paint decision thread and will be eagerly awaiting to see what you end up doing with the beadboard. Your kitchen is so cute already. I cannot wait to see the reveal. Congrats on the new bundle of joy to be.

• jgopp
    9 years ago

I've got an final reveal coming up soon, I know we have come across each other in threads before...

Nice horse.

• greenhaven
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jgopp, been waiting for yours, too!

Thanks all, and yes, the paint for the beadboard and walls, plus installling the "tile rug" is all that is left in the kitchen! Decided togo withcab color on the beadboard, got ithalf repainted and had to refocus elsewhere so it is still half painted, ha ha.

Texas Gal, will absolutely let you know via email when the reveal finally gets posted. After all this time it will seem anticlimactic, but my GW peeps have been so faithful in standing by me through my agony I would not dream of skipping a reveal!

I will try to keep up in the weekly thread, that tends to be difficult for me. I always feel like I leave out recognizing someone! But I do miss you folks, so will check it out right now...

• jgopp
    9 years ago

I promise a reveal soon! Just haven't gotten to it yet.

• bbtrix
    9 years ago

Greenhaven, good to hear from you! You've been tremendously busy. Looks like you've settled into your new homestead quite well. Tuesday couldn't be happier! Congrats on your new grandie; I've got my first arriving in a few months. I've wondered what you were up to!

So many have made great progress since you started the DIY thread. I feel like I've been stuck, but that's ok, my boy is worth it. I spend most of my time with our new addition. He's 5 months old now. He's a nice diversion from trying to decide on pendants-ugh! Can't wait to see more pix of your progress!

ob2b, romy revealed?? I can't believe I missed it. Can you link to it?

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Bbtrix - enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Romy's reveal

• greenhaven
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Gorgeous boy, bbtrix! And congrats on the grandie! We love being grandparents! I have greatly appreciated the distractions from my kitchen. It has really helped me garner some perspective.

Ob2b, thanks to the link to romy's reveal, will head over their now!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

BBtrix your boy is gorgeous!