Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Sink Cabinet Replacement

Posted by clik (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 22:25

Hi All,

I have a damage sink cabinet that I would like to replace. The doors are in good condition. The counter-top is Corian. And the sink is integrated into the counter-top. See image.

I can think of 2 solutions:
(1) order a new sink cabinet from the manufacture. Remove the counter-top/sink and install the cabinet. Then install the counter-top/sink back

(2) custom built a cabinet box in-place without removing the counter-top/sink. Use the existing door.

I can see the first option will be more costly as the counter-top is about 10 ft. Any comments on these 2 options or new suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Sink Cabinet Replacement

Hello...
There is a saying that the kitchen is the meeting room of the home.
With that being said, yes , you could attempt to repair a damaged cabinet, but to what extent is it damaged?
Sounds like the doors are in good shape. But it is the base i believe for what you are referring to.
When it is all repaired ( the cabinet ) will it be noticable?
DO you care if it is not repaired correctly?
If so, then you should think about replacing the entire cabinet base and save yourself some grief.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bergen County Contractors

o

So you have any photos of the damage? Maybe there is a way to repair.

o

Thanks for the replies. The cabinets are water damaged. So they need to be replaced.

o

What is part(s) on the cabinet is damaged? Is it just the bottom shelf? If so, you may be able to repair it by sanding down any bubbled up wood and then glue down a 1/4" piece of plywood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here