Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color is your Blanco Silgranit?

Posted by terri0826 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 22:23

I keep flip-flopping between a copper farmhouse sink and the Blanco Silgranit. Love the look of copper but I've read such great things about the silgranit. I won't do black because our water is so hard, but I'd love to hear how easy the lighter colors are to keep.

Oh! and pictures!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color is your Blanco Silgranit?

White - it is a bit dingy but have not tried any cleaners.

o

I have two metallic grays. I've been unable to capture the pretty metallic-ness of them on camera.

My prep sink:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

My cleanup sink just after install looked like this:

Metallic gray silgranit with Carrara

I always hesitate to show this pic as the color doesn't look like the silvery beauteousness it is IRL.

o

If I could afford it, I would have gone with copper - but it is not maintenance free!
We have cafe brown silgranit - so a darker color - I was aiming for truffle but just wasn't quite right for our countertops (but would have made the backsplash easier)

o

White. I love it so much and it still looks like new 2 years later. I have NO issues with keeping it clean or being dingey.

o

I have Biscotti. It never looks dirty. I once had a little blackberry stain that I wiped off with baking soda. No scrubbing needed. Previously I had a white porcelain sink and what a PITA.

Silgranite II has been out a few years and is more stain-resistant than the original ones, so you might want to ask how old a sink is that has staining problems.

o

In my present kitchen, I have Biscotti, which I've had for 6 years. The best way to keep it clean IMO is using the Mr Clean Magic Erasers. I tried everything before that without the same results.
In my new home, I purchased Truffle and am really looking forward to getting in there to use it:)
Blanco Silgranit is a fantastic sink!

o

Truffle - love it

From marguerite during

o

Biscotti and Truffle are my top 2 choices so it's great to hear you all love them.

breezygirl that silver is pretty. And I've got to ask about your counter around the prep sink. Gorgeous! What kind of wood and how do you maintain it with a sink in it?

Thanks for the pictures everyone. I'm starting to lean toward this only because of the maintenance aspect.

o

Anthracite. I like the dark Silgranit colors of anthracite and cafe brown - they are rich and show nothing, and I like the contrast with my counters. The anthracite seems to set off our faucet like jewelry. Just my personal preference.

o

I don't have one yet, but just love them all on pictures.

It's funny how you know someone's kitchen by their sink and counter before you see their name (e.g. hags00).

o

We have Truffle. Love it! So easy to clean

o

I have (uninstalled, in boxes) biscuit to go with my Witch Hazel corian countertop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here