Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink help and opinions please

Posted by hedgehoggy (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 22:16

The below link is the sink that I am interested in but first wanted to see if anyone who has the same size layout or similar could give me their opinion on the size of this sink. Thanks.

http://www.blancocanada.com/pages/DC-St-Produc00-STAINL00-stainless-Sta2-NIAGA0.htm#

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink help and opinions please

I don't own this sink or one similar, although I can say that splitting a 27" sink into a 13.5" bowl and a 10.5" bowl results in two almost useless bowls. You won't be able to soak or wash a large pan without frustration and water all over you and the floor. My sheet pans would not fit in a 13.5" sink, nor would my 12" skillets with handles. Tonight, for instance, my 12" stainless skillet is soaking in my huge single-bowl sink before I have the energy to scrub off the thick black layer from 5 carmelized onions. Underneath that skillet is the sheet pan on which I oven roasted the parsnip fries.

With only a small 27" space, could you choose a single bowl instead? If not, I strongly suggest you look for a double that gives you the largest possible basin on one side.

o
RE: Sink help and opinions please

Breezygirl said it perfectly. Double sinks are nice if you have the overall width for at least one good-sized bowl. If your space is that small, you would be better off with a single bowl sink.

Furthermore, that sink is 18 gauge, and Blanco stainless sinks tend to be more expensive just cause of the name Blanco. You should also check out Kraus stainless sinks on expressdecor and overstock, and Ticor stainless sinks on galaxytoolsupply. Both brands are 16 gauge (i.e. thicker than 18 gauge), and both brands should have less expensive choices than the Blancos, plus they come with sink grids, which Blanco charges U$80+ for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here