Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
faucet to fit 3-hole AND 1-hole sink

Posted by kevinw1 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 15, 10 at 22:14

Our current faucet on our 3-hole sink is disintegrating and needs to be replaced ASAP. We're not quite ready to replace the sink and counter, but that will happen in the next year or so, and we're planning to use an IKEA Domsjo ceramic sink which has only one hole.

I want to find a faucet I can install now on the current 3 hole sink, then move to the 1 hole IKEA later on, rather than buying one now and another one later. I have seen a few but they seem to mostly be the ultra modern pillar style with a little twiddly lever on the side. I want a nice big lever on the top I can work with my elbow when I have messy hands, and which will work for right and handed and left handed members of the household. I'm not that worried about where the sprayer is, a pullout or a side spray would be fine.

Budget is not large - up to say $300 max but ideally less than that.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: faucet to fit 3-hole AND 1-hole sink

Most one-hole faucets have a matching escutcheon (or cover plate) that either is included or can be purchased separately. I know both of my Kohler faucets do... Use the escutcheon now to cover the extra holes. When you switch sinks, simply don't use the escutcheon!

Escutcheon with Kohler Vinnata

Prep Faucet, Kohler K-12177 Brushed Nickel Fairfax

HTH!

o

Thanks buehl - it can be hard to tell from catalogs which do and which don't have an escutcheon. I suppose I could just by a one-hole, with or without escutcheon, and blank out the two extra holes - I think I have seen widgets for doing just that. It's only temporary, after all!

o

Keep in mind that if you go with the Domsjo in the future, that there is no hole for a side-spray -- if you opt for a side-spray it will have to go in a hole drilled in the countertop adjacent to the sink. So now may be the time to shop for a pull-out that you like.

o

jakabedy, thanks for the reminder - you are right, of course.

o

I have not installed a separate side spray for a customer in at east 10 years.

There are many pull out units available that use the faucet arm itself and a built in hose that retracts under the counter.

o

Well, our faucet found us yesterday :)

We were at the building supply store buying flashing and foundation waterproofer and other necessary but not very exciting stuff, and at the checkout was a little flyer with "50% off closeout faucets". The display was tiny, there was only ONE kitchen faucet on it, everything else was bathroom faucets and shower fixtures. But it was our faucet, fitting every requirement, a Delta in brushed SS for $150 marked down from $350. Nothing fancy, but just what we wanted.

o

Congratulations! Don't you just love it when that happens?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here