Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jjigger

New kitchen cost help?

Macco
11 years ago

Hello All. I'm new to this forum. I'm looking at doing a complete tear out of a kitchen, including appliances. The new kitchen will be L-shaped. The short end, about 7' long, will be a dual level breakfast bar and that section will house the sink, dishwasher and underneath cabinets. The long end, about 11' long, will include the stove, with overhead microwave and both overhead and underneath cabinets.

My preference would be to use real wood for cabinets, probably painted in an off-white color. I don't plan on needing many bells and whistles, such as glass door inserts, optional drawer inserts and those types of things. I'm unsure about the countertops. Granite would be nice, depending upon how much more that will cost vs less expensive countertops. My estimate is about 27-28 linier feet of countertop.

I'll do the demo work myself but will hire out the final prep and installation.

I've seen some less than positive stories on the net about using some of the big box stores for this work. That scares me a lot. So, I will probably go with a small, independent cabinet maker for both the build and installation. The work is being done in a rural area of Pennsylvania.

No problem pricing out the appliances but I have no idea what the cabinet build and installation will cost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (5)