Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help with kitchen/dinning room

Posted by kassikolo (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 27, 12 at 21:59

So, i feel like we found a house we like and the only area i am not sure how to rearrange is the kitchen/dinning area. I dont like how kitchen is now, but i dont know how to rearrange it better to be able to fit the dinning table on top. The trick is that we are already little above our max s.f.on the house, so making the area bigger is not an option..I like to have a big island/table there at pantry somewhere not far.
We also want to put a wall with open arch to separate the living room and put the door to the porch across from hallway.
I have been sitting on it for few days but cant seem to come up with anything..maybe you guys can help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help with kitchen/dinning room

Not sure about your dislike,but from what you generally state: I would leave fireplace as is/don't install the arched passage walls. Instead, if you must,[but I would wait on any construction],extend the wall behind oven to the left or up in your sketch.Remove the central worktable or island or whatever that rectangular structure is in the kitchen. Because of the longer wall behind the oven and cleared floorspace,you'll have a bigger U shaped kitchen. Then-up where it says BREAKFAST, do a seating arrangement around large island/or table... search out your perfect"look" for that spot. On the other side of stairs,where you crossed off closet and made X marks, set up a dining spot with chandelier/better table/chairs with extension capability[or drop leaf]. Remember-you extended the wall in kitchen so you have enuf of a break from the busy activity in kitchen to make this a dressier area when you want,and when not using it, it's set out of the way. The furniture placement, with this dining setup positioned off to the side, behind chairs or sectional which face outward toward fireplace and island in the left corner area, is easy and no expense/construction involved.If you construct walls and arches right now,your options decrease-I wouldn't do that, and moving the fireplace doesn't accomplish anything really.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here