Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ksquires_gw

pls show me your white kitchens

ksquires
11 years ago

HI EVERYONE!

Our dark gray tiles are all done in our kitchen and our white cabinets were delivered today. I am just getting really nervous about granite- we plan to put a deposit on something tomorrow. All the granites we are looking at are white with gray/ a little brown. I really like white kitchens and I am just getting scared it could be"too white". If you dont mind, please show me your white cabinets/white countertops kitchens. Thanks so much! :-)

Comments (57)

• selphydeg
    11 years ago

Hey mamadadapaige, your new kitchen is gorgeous. What kind of backsplash is that?

• michelle16
    11 years ago

white dove cabinets, white calacutta quartzite counters

• ginger25
    11 years ago

Michelle 16 - In what city and state did you purchase your
    white calacutta quartzite? Thank you

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

My cabs are painted BM Simply White. Perimeter counters are 4cm Carrara marble. I love the white, light, fresh feeling the room gives me. I do think it needs the dark balance provided by the oak floors and the black walnut island top.

{{!gwi}}

• babushka_cat
    11 years ago

Here is mine. Simply White by Benjamin Moore with Calacatta Crema marble for counters.

• Pipdog
    11 years ago

Madre Perla quartzite & BM White Dove cabs:

• slush1422
    11 years ago

We have off white Adel Ikea cabinets, Moon Night Granite (aka SuperWhite Quartzite honed). We just finished our backsplash - also all white. We do have a black/brown island though and dark hardwood floors.

Decorated for halloween

From Beveled Arabesque Backsplash install

This is before backsplash and crown:

From STILL not finished kitchen
    From STILL not finished kitchen

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

nini804 - What is the name of your marble? It's so pretty!

• aokat15
    11 years ago

Here is our white kitchen. Our cabinets are BM China White, our countertops are Donna Sandra marble. Good luck!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• nini804
    11 years ago

Hey BlackChamois, thanks! It is Cararra.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

My ex-kitchen :*(
    BM Cloud White cabinets on perimeter, stained island.

White beveled arabesque tile backsplash

Bianco Antico Counters

• oceangirl67
    11 years ago

This was a wonderful stroll down memory lane. I remember when white kitchen were all the rage. This will always be the iconic 2000 kitchen style.

• Pipdog
    11 years ago

Well, then, I probably should be ripping out our white cabs and put in oak cabinets to stay current as per oceangirl's kitchen trend analysis.

• Pipdog
    11 years ago

*putting in

• bons
    11 years ago

White kitchens are timeless, and never seem to go out of style.

Bonnie

• mamadadapaige
    11 years ago

i think someone needs to change the oc in their screen name to an m.

bons, i couldn't agree with you more.

• suska6184
    11 years ago

Beautiful kitchens, all. Standing in any one of them would make me happy and I would feel like cooking. I did not do a white kitchen only because I did not think it was a good fit for my house, so it is quartersawn oak, which I also love. If I were in a different house and redoing a kitchen today in 2012, I would not hesitate to go white. But I never was a trend chaser, just a peek in my closet will tell you that, LOL.

Thanks for sharing. OT, babushka cat, I really love your backsplash.

• michelle16
    11 years ago

ginger-stone was from reliance-nj, fabricated from atlas in newark nj.

• lavender_lass
    11 years ago

Mamapaige- LOL! Maybe the magazines are a good indication that white kitchens are popular NOW, too :)

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

My ex-kitchen, photo from real estate listing. Cabinets are Linen White and counter is ubatuba.

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

I moved into my house in 1999 and it was a white kitchen. I liked it so much that when we remodeled I wanted to create, yet, another white kitchen... :)

Here's mine:

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Great thread. I'm bumping with the hope that more of you will post your beautiful white kitchens so I can easily find inspiration in one place.
    Mama you crack me up. What was that move with the mean girls, "Clueless"? Yep, how fitting. I too think white is timeless.

• blfenton
    11 years ago

annsch - I know exactly what you mean. I painted out our walnut cupboards in 1991 to white and I never looked back. When we remodeled in 2010 we went with another white kitchen. The current grey trend, while probably very nice in some locales would just not work for me. I'm in the PNW (Canadian side) and it is grey from Oct.1 to May 1 - don't need it in my house.

I have loved looking at these white kitchens - I love the crispness, the warmth, the lines, everything about them.

• ksquires
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OMG! SUCH GORGEOUS KITCHENS- THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING! I AM FEELING SO MUCH BETTER! :-)

• dash3108
    11 years ago

Ours is obviously still under construction, but I thought I'd post.

Floors will be dark hickory.

Granite is Alaska White.

• leela4
    11 years ago

I love the look of natural wood, and our kitchen-and house, for that matter-reflect that. But all these white kitchens that have been posted are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.

• jgopp
    11 years ago

• MTG_NYC
    11 years ago

This was great - thanks so much!

Demo on our kitchen started yesterday - we're doing white cabinets, a white subway tile backsplash, wood floors and probably using Vermont White quartzite for our counters. Seeing all these white kitchens made me really excited for when ours is done!

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

I was really worried that my kitchen would look too sterile, like a clinic. Our partial remodel included Acadia white cabinets, Vermont Danby Olympian White marble, and white arched herringbone backsplash.

I was worried for nothing.

I don't have many pics yet, but I've found that with just a few colorful accents (like a bowl of lemons or tomatoes or some colorful cookbooks or a butcher block with pretty oils and vinegars), the all white kitchen is awesome.

Enjoy your kitchen!

• lexmomof3
    11 years ago

runninginplace - what refrigerator do you have?
    These are all BEAUTIFUL kitchens. White kitchens ARE timeless. I built my first house in 1997 with a white kitchen, moved in 2003 to a house with a white kitchen and now we're building our dream home with yet again another white kitchen. My brother recently built a "new - old" home and but in white cabinets. Madeline616 - love that basketweave tile!

• NewSouthernBelle
    11 years ago

ksquires - I had your same fear about my white kitchen not having any contrast, especially b/c we did tan-ish tiles rather than dark hardwoods which is what you see in all the magazines. To add some depth and contrast, we did a grey backsplash (it also worked with the medallion tiles I feel head-over-heels in love with for behind the cooktop) and pulled out the grey in the granite counter tops. Cabinets are SW Dover White and the granite is Colonial Cream. You'll be fine but it's nice to have some reassurance along the way.

• veevs
    11 years ago

hey slush- whats the name of your paint color? beautiful kitchens everyone!

• slush1422
    11 years ago

Veevs - it's BM Revere Pewter. We love it so much we repainted our family room (next to the kitchen) in the same color. It's been described as a greige and does change colors during the day depending on the lighting.

• veevs
    11 years ago

that is so funny! we also just painted our family room (which is ALSO off the kitchen) Revere Pewter! ya i definitely think of it as a greige. its a little too beige for my kitchen- it looked more gray in that picture that's why i was asking (it definitely does change a lot with different lighting etc) i most probably will go with stonington gray- just didnt give the go ahead yet bc im scared its a lil too "cool"

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Madeline I too love your unique basketweave backsplash. Can you tell me who makes them?
    Also can you please post more pictures of it with more of the kitchen in the photo so I can see it in context? Better yet if you've posted a thread with your finished kitchen can you direct me too it? I have a feeling it will be another one I'll love. Thanks!

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

Thanks, Island :-)

The baskewtweave backsplash is made by Sonoma Tilemakers. It's called "Arched Herringbone" and it's available in tons of different colors and finishes, including some which are a crackle glaze.

Mine is a glossy, true white called Blanco.

I can take a couple pics tomorrow and post them--haven't posted my finished kitchen pics yet.

Thanks again for the compliment--the backsplash is one of my favorite parts of the kitchen :-)

• Mom23Es
    11 years ago

I promise to post soon. My kitchen (house) should be done next week.

I needed to have a serene white kitchen. It balances out all the primary colored baby/toddler/preschooler toys that are the rest of my "decor". Lol.

I really liked the super dark wood cabinet kitchens too. Since we were already doing our whole main floor with darker stained hardwood floors, I thought white would be a better choice. I didn't want too much "wood" in the house.

• Madeline616
    11 years ago

@Island: Did the best I could, but the sun is streaming in the kitchen window so the full-on shot looks more like a dark silhouette.

The Somona Tilemakers Arched Herringbone is the backsplash for the run on either side of the sink, and the backsplash for the 2 small areas on either side of the range. Also got another close up for you. Somoma has amazing tiles! I was like a kid in a candy shop with all of the choices and colors.

• Tim
    11 years ago

Our very white kitchen. BM Cloud White cabinets, can't remember the marble variety but clearly white with the odd bit of earth tone (not as dramatic veining as calacatta) and similar white marble backsplash.

Dark-ish oak flooring running through the main floor, and all the trim and walls are BM Cloud White as well (pretty much through the entire house now).

Pics are prior to the final finishings - I did all the flooring and trim work and completed the baseboards and window trim later on. Walls have been painted (I think it may be primer in these pics) Green tape on a few backsplash tiles that were pulled and replaced.

• suska6184
    11 years ago

jgopp, do you remember the name of your paint color? Looks so nice in your lovely kitchen.

• lala girl
    11 years ago

Here is ours - we used a quartzite with taupes and carmels that helped warm up the space - that along with wood floors made a difference.

• Ilene Perl
    11 years ago

My kitchen was a "budget update" my cabinets are BM Canvas, the granite is New Venetian Gold and my floor is Bamboo Strand from Costco. In my old house I had White kitchen cabinets, with white formica countertops, liked it better than the Dark stained oak cabinets and blue formica I started with in this house. Enjoy your new white kitchen!

• mazy123
    11 years ago

Here is mine with Simply White cabinets, Carrara marble, and pewter colored backsplash. Good luck!

• runninginplace
    11 years ago

Lexmom, I have a Jennair 'fully integrated built in' refrigerator...wanted to get that term correct because I get terribly confused sometimes by the many nuances of built in/integrated fridges :). It was my splurge, to reference another topic, on the kitchen because in a narrow dark galley I wanted to maximize the open feel as much as possible. Doing the built in eliminated a large refrigerator looming into the space and the panel seems to keep the eye traveling in a smooth path along the cabinetry. I've had many people tell me my kitchen looks "so much larger now" which is nice. Have linked to the refrigerator info below.

And while I'm here what isn't so nice is that comment oceangirl. As someone pointed out, it seemed gratuitously mean, not sure why you would take the time to post something snarky in an otherwise pleasant online conversation.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jennair Built In Refrigerator

• tilenut
    11 years ago

Here's mine. I have contrasting cabs in the island and a mix of white marble and dark granite.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• janduckworth
    11 years ago

Wow, I am so jealous of all those gorgeous white kitchens!! Perhaps you white fans can offer me a piece of advice on cabinet color? I want to paint them white, but my husband disagrees saying it will look funny with the very white tile. My idea is too remove the top piece sitting on the cabinet, plus the cabinet to the right of the fridge, and put crown moulding along the top instead. Counters are staying (basically I am only able to do a cheap update with some paint on the cabinets, and new hardware. I loved all the beautiful stainless appliances everyone had, but my white ones will be staying for a while. I'd like to do something with the horrid lighting, but not sure what to do there either with the lovely tracks. The flooring will be changed probably in the next year or so. Too much white? Opinions?

Here are pics of my kitchen, and a paint job and moulding on cabinets that I liked. Thanks so much for any advice!!

• enright5
    11 years ago

painted kitchen cabinets

• crazybusytoo
    10 years ago

love it!

bump

• kylady7
    10 years ago

babushka_cat Please tell me.... What are the tiles you used in her back splash and what color is the walls?
    thanks

Oh my Goodness so many absolutely Beautiful White Kitchens...
    I am drooling....

I'm sure after I go back and look again I will ask others similar Questions...

This post was edited by calyle7 on Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 0:06

• kompy
    10 years ago

Here's my not quite done kitchen with P&F Cascade White (low sheen) with Silestone Lagoon countertops. I've ordered phase 2 to be installed in January. It's an 18" deep hutch on the other side of the kitchen. I will ALWAYS have a white kitchen from now on....I feel so happy cooking in it and I keep it VERY clean, just because I love keeping it spotless!!!!

Kompy

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource