Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom23es_gw

4" or 6" pull on 27" drawers?

Mom23Es
11 years ago

I'm using 4" cup pulls on my white shaker kitchen cabinets. Right around the corner from the kitchen is my wetbar. I decided that since the cabinets are a different color and style that I would use a different drawer pull style. It's the Bistro pull from Restoration Hardware- a regular footed handle pull.

Anyway, here's the pic from a couple weeks ago. The whole wetbar is currently covered with paper and tarp since they have been painting. The drawers are 27" wide. Would you do a single 4" or single 6" pull on these drawers? Doors get a knob.

I wish there was a way to post a survey/poll on this site. I need a vote! DH said he likes the 4" better but doesn't really care either way. Help?

Comments (11)

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Okay, I'll be the first- I cast my vote for 6 inch pulls

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I vote for 6" because the drawers are so nicely wide.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Easy. 6". 4" will look too small IMHO. 6" falls closer to the eye-pleasing, harmoniously balanced Golden Mean. I used 8" pulls on drawers 24" wide and up. Here's my 24"-ish stack next to the DW.

What looks best to your eye? Have you held each pull size to the drawers?

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

6" being you're doing one pull. If you were doing 2 then 4", but 6" with one.

• Mom23Es
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Maybe I should do two 3" pulls?

Why do I over think everything?!?!

I couldn't get to my cabinets over the weekend because they're covered with paper/plastic. I could see the false drawer under the sink and that's when I panicked about using just one 4" pull. It looked too small.

BTW- I'm assuming I should put hardware on the false drawer, right? That's the way it is in my current house.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    11 years ago

bump

• lolauren
    11 years ago

The Gilmore pull is a cup/bin pull? I would do 4" then (and I did!)

I don't like the look of larger cup pulls. It doesn't look right to me. That is just my preference, though. Go with whatever looks pleasing to your eye. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

I put pulls on my false door fronts because it bothers me when some drawers don't have hardware. Again, this is just personal preference.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Don't do two 3" pulls. Rule that out right now. 3" is small for a hand to comfortably get under and use.

Most people do not put pulls on false drawers. Think about what pulls do. They assisting opening a drawer or door. The false ones don't open so no need for a pull. I chose not to put one on my sinks' false front and I'm very glad. I sometimes lean on the counter and wouldn't want to rub on a pull. And I'm not huge!

• windycitylindy
    11 years ago

Honestly, for a 27" drawer, I'd do the 6" or the 8" pull. I know that wasn't one of your options, but I think that a 3" or 4" pull would look out-of-scale on that drawer size.

• windycitylindy
    11 years ago

Ack. I misread. If the options are 4" or 6", I'd definitely vote for 6". I'd consider the 8", though, and see which looks better. I know that in our kitchen, we did 6" on a 24" stack, but we did 8" on a 29" stack. I'm not sure what we would have done on a 27" stack.

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

It's so hard to picture these things without the pulls in your hands. Don't overwhelm yourself. I ordered a zillion RH pulls with the 20% off and figured I can hold them up in a couple of weeks to make my final decision. Then, the unused ones can be returned to the store.