Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
threeapples

Herbeau kitchen faucets--any comments/reviews?

threeapples
12 years ago

I found a gorgeous copper and brass Herbeau kitchen faucet online at faucet direct's website, but cannot find revewis for this brand anywhere. I'd love thoughts on this, if possible. thanks.

Comments (21)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    12 years ago

I really like their designs. In my last house I had them in the pr and mrb.
    Now I have them in my kitchen and pr and pool bar.

In my last house had them 10 yrs without issue. My plumber does say the innards are notthing special...

• antss
    12 years ago

I have one in a powder room. They are gorgeous IMO, and the innards are nothing special - BUT - they are very good quality.

I also don't think they are a good value when you take in to account the $1000-$2000 pricetag unless you vale aesthetics highly.

• threeapples
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mntnrdredux, which model kitchen faucet by Herbeau do you have? I am trying to decide between the Flamande and the Royale. Thanks.

• Holly- Kay
    11 years ago

Threeapples I love the Royale but like the Flamande as well. I went with Waterstone PLP and I am more excited about my new faucet than anything else in the kitchen! Do you know what finish you are going to go with? I think the Royale looks more vintagey and the Flamande looks more contemporary but both are beautiful!

• PRO
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    9 years ago

Herbeau faucets are made in France and imported into the U.S. by Herbeau Creations of America, Inc. located in Florida.

The faucets are not certified to comply with U.S./Canadian standards of safety and reliability (ASME A 112.18.1/B 125.1) nor U.S./Canadian lead-free standards (ANSI/NSF 61/9) and are, therefore, not approved by any model plumbing code in use in North America. Because they are not approved, they may not be lawfully installed in any public and most private water systems in North America, and if installed, must be removed.

They are not certified to comply with the separate lead free standards of California, Vermont, Louisiana or Maryland The faucets have not been approved for use in Massachusetts. They may not be sold in those states nor installed in any water system, public or private.

The faucets have not been shown to comply with the lead-free requirements of the Safe Drinking Water Act. Faucets that do not comply with the Act may not be "introduced into commerce" nor installed in any drinking water system.

For more information on Herbeau faucets and over 70 other faucet brands, see our Faucet Reviews and Ratings.

• rzwi
    5 years ago

I bought Herbeau Creations sink faucets, bath fillers, shower heads, diverters, and hand showers for two bathrooms. Almost everything broke. The hand shower hoses fell apart, the diverters act like they're stripped, the faucets leak. I paid for parts to fix the leaks. What Herbeau sent didn't work. They changed the way their faucets work in the five years since I bought them and they didn't have any old parts. The men running the US operation didn't know anything about their faucets.

• PRO
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

@ rzwi

Sorry about your problems. However, this is not the place to effectively complain about it (except to warn other potential buyers). You should file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Search google for "herbeau creations" site:bbb.org (quote marks required) to get the Herbeau entry then follow instructions.

However, Herbeau has a reputation for effective customer service and technical support, so it's hard to imagine that it cannot resolve your problems.

An update on our earlier post from 4 years ago: Herbeau has since 20156 become completely certified and its faucets now meet every U.S./Canadian standard. They are legal to sell and install in the U.S. and Canada.

• PRO
    Herbeau - Winckelmans Tiles - Line Art Vanities
    5 years ago

rzwi, I work at Herbeau and would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your experience with Herbeau. You can contact me directly by calling 800-547-1608 between 9-5 EST. Ask for Lennart. You can also email customerservice@herbeau.com.

• rzwi
    5 years ago

To:support@herbeau.comFeb 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    ----- Forwarded Message -----

To: "support@herbeau.com" <support@herbeau.com>
    Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 2:17 PM
    Subject: 2255-R valve and compression seat and seat wrench
    Hi, this was originally sent January 20. I have not heard back.
    Dear Bruce, We talked with you on the phone today. We have 2255-R valve. We have an old style compression cartridge. We need an old style compression "seat" (to replace our seat which has a large groove in it) We also need a seat wrench. Thank you

• HU-216736847
    4 years ago

Herbeau faucets have been nothing short of an expensive headache. We have Herbeau in our kitchen and Kohler and Grohe in other areas of this relatively new and supposed top quality home. It is only the Herbeau that have caused multiple issues. We have replaced multiple cartridges, and other miscellaneous repairs, The finish (polished chrome) is pitting despite unusual care to keep the surface clean, dry, and polished. They have continued to pit to the point they are leaking in multiple places. For the last week or so, I noticed that I had a constant puddle of water on my counter. I placed a towel under the faucet which seemed to control the seepage. The towel is continuously soaked and today when I turned on the faucet, I had water coming not only from the nozzle, but spraying me in the face from a leak (not in the joint) but where the faucet has pitted to the point of having a pinhole in the metal. I realized too that there is at least one other leak that was causing the seepage onto the counter. I guess the extra cost they charge is the premium one pays for such entertainment. Funny to see the water spewing if not so sad and frustrating. Expensive junk!

• PRO
    4 years ago

Have you contacted Herbeau about these issues? If so, what was the result?

• PRO
    4 years ago

Hello, I work in Herbeau Customer Service. Have you been in contact with anyone at Herbeau Technical Support about the situation with your faucets? You can contact us at 800-547-1608 or email customerservice@Herbeau.com. Please include photos of the faucet so our technicians can better assist you.

• bethely
    4 years ago

I have a Herbeau faucet that has weathered beautifully but has two problems. It does not want to stay screwed to the countertop. It is a one-hole faucet. I suppose it’s supposed to be tightened beneath the counter. It gets a lot of use because it’s the main sink. We’ve had it tightened by a plumber several time but soon becomes loose again. Is there some trick to this short of supergluing it to the counter? Also the white hose for the sprayer has folded over and won’t go inside and button on the the brass head of the sprayer is stuck in the ON position. I have soaked it in white vinegar But that failed, though that worked with the button on our other Herbeau sprayer that was stuck ON, too.

• PRO
    4 years ago

Hello Beth, sorry to hear you're having problems with your faucet. Please email a photo (so we can see what model it is) along with your phone number to customerservice@Herbeau.com. A technician will be in touch shortly. Best Regards, The Herbeau Team

• PRO
    4 years ago

Hello, Beth, we'll be glad to assist you with this issue. Please send a picture (or pictures) of the faucet & sprayer to customerservice@Herbeau.com, along with a phone number so the technician can contact you to discuss. Apologies for the inconvenience to you and your household.

The Herbeau Team

• PRO
    4 years ago

Hire a plumber that has heard of Loctite®?

• bethely
    4 years ago

Will send photos ASAP. Thanks. And researching Loctite. I have 3 herbeau faucets. This is the only one with that problem.

• Aglitter
    4 years ago

@bethely Please report back if Herbeau actually honors warrantied parts replacement. I have heard a horrible story of their failing to honor warranty that caused the loss of one of their biggest dealer accounts in the USA. I was considering their faucets for my renovation until I heard about the poor customer service.

• bethely
    4 years ago

Ok

• Sow_what? Southern California Inland
    3 months ago

I'm a designer, and I love the look of Herbeau faucets. I use them personally, and have specified them for many clients. Unfortunately, there have been numerous problems with Herbeau's kitchen faucets. I'm currently dealing with a beautiful wood handled sprayer that is shooting water everywhere -- the button no longer works and it's leaking. And there have been many other problems. I'll post photos soon, to show how badly Herbeau faucets hold up. Too bad, because they're a great look and many people want them. All I have to do is show them the condition mine are in, and they change their minds.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!