Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjher1

mixed finishes on metals?

mjher1
11 years ago

Originally, I had planned on having ORB finishes on my faucet, knobs and pulls and lighting. I chose Praa Sands as my counter and when I took in the sample, I was convinced that perhaps a nickel faucet looked better with the counter. I thought that would be ok, since my lights (already purchased) and pulls would still be ORB on dark cabinets. Now, I just got home from the cabinet guy and the pulls that I like the best don't come in ORB, but they do come in an antique pewter finish that I really like. I think that would look ok with the SS appliances and the nickel faucet, but now I am left with the ORB pendants. I can't return them because I bought them at a really good price - on sale. Would that look stupid? The ORB doesn't match either the faucet or the pulls. Because the cabinets are dark, would it be ok? OMG - so many choices and every one of them affects other ones.

I checked on houzz and the kitchens that have mixed finishes for the hardware, 2 of them match, either the pulls and lights, or the faucet and pulls.

Can I pull off 3 different finishes or should I keep looking for pulls in ORB?

Comments (2)