Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_sl

If you only use one soap for hand & dishes, which one?

suzanne_sl
12 years ago

I'm looking through old messages and I can't seem to find the one where people said which product they found was good for both hands and dishes to use in a soap dispenser? Seventh Generation? What have you used?

Comments (11)

• Happyladi
    12 years ago

I use Dawn. I buy original Dawn rather then the ultra but my husband bought it last time and bought the ultra. It works fine, too.

It works great for hand washing as well as dishes.

• mjsee
    12 years ago

Dawn for dishes. My "kitchen hands" are often greasy...so I like having something that cuts through that.

(Mrs. Meyers liquid hand soap in all the bathrooms, though...the Fresh Basil scent.)

• plllog
    12 years ago

I have Seventh Generation free and clear dish liquid in the bottle it came in for general purposes, in the built-in pump dispenser on my laundry sink, and in a battery operated sensor dispenser for chicken hands. It's thin enough that it doesn't clog either of the pumps, though if they don't get used for awhile (i.e., many days), like any liquid soap or detergent, it'll dry out on the end and need to be cleared. I can't touch a lot of detergents, including Woolite, but the Seventh Generation is very mild and never hurts my hands. According to people in one of those old threads, it does have some standard ingredients that can be irritating to people who are sensitive to them. Doesn't bother me. :) I also use it for a lot of general cleaning.

• willtv
    12 years ago

Another vote for dawn.

• Jodi_SoCal
    12 years ago

I use Dawn (original) in both the kitchen and a watered down version next to the bathroom sink.

• lascatx
    12 years ago

If you use Dawn on your hands, you should keep in mind that it only takes a drop to wash hands unless they are really dirty or greasy and even then, you aren't likely to need a full pump -- at least not from my pump. It is very concentrated and using lots might make you feel better, but it's likely to waste soap and dry your skin. I only have trouble with dryness in our coldest, driest weather with lots of winter holiday cooking, baking and cleaning.

• deedles
    12 years ago

The greatest all purpose (actual soap, not detergent) soap is called Miracle II soap. The story about how it came into being may or may not be true but no matter... this stuff is phenomenal. And very concentrated so you save big $$ over time. Another company that sells quality stuff is Five Star Soap... nicest shampoo and body bars ever. Again, highly concentrated so you aren't paying for water. I haven't bought any Big Corporate detergents, etc in years and find that I now have to avoid that aisle because the fake smells of all those chemicals makes me kinda sick. If you like more natural stuff.. google either one and you'll find them easily.

• suzanne_sl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, deedles. I avoid the fragrance/make-up isle at Macy's for the same reason.

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

I use Dawn for both hands and dishes in a kitchen freestanding dispenser. Makes life sooo much easier! : )

• sayde
    12 years ago

I like Caldrea Basil Blue Sage. They make hand soap, dish soap, cleaning soap, lotion and other products in this fragrance.

• aliris19
    12 years ago

Dawn. It's what they use on oil besodden birds. It's possible that's a meaningful recommendation.