Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The best gift a girl can get mid-reno

Posted by partyof7 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 21:22

I am completely delirious with joy that my contractor connected my dishwasher back up before cabinet install (which was slightly delayed)! It's been a nightmare washing pots and cutting boards in my 10" wet bar sink.

Five months before reno started my old DW was leaking on my hardwoods, so I got the Miele I planned on, then. (Lacking its panel still.)

Photobucket

Here's the island that's in already (excuse the dust on it), but those of you that need symmetry in the cabinetry, don't look!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The best gift a girl can get mid-reno

Haven't you hear that "symmetry is the enemy of art" (and also of good taste)? LOL.

I like your island.

Congrats on the "gift"!

What is the model of the DW?

o

Awesome! Looks great so far.

o

And it's already hooked up. Way to go! I miss my DW terribly. I've been catching myself tell dh not to get his plate too dirty so he can use it again for dinner. LOL Yes, me, the germaphobe.

o

That is a great gift! We have been without running water in our kitchen since June. We are using lots of paper plates and disposable items. Anything that has to be washed gets washed in the shower. I can totally imagine how happy you must be!

o

Woohoo! Good for you! And the island is looking amazing. Symmetry schymmetry.

o

Now that's a good idea! You'll love the DW:). I really like your island please keep posting progress pix.

o

Thanks, eleena. I packed the island with storage I needed., and symmetry paid the price! We got the Diamond Miele, and I love that thing. You can load it like my teens do (no order) and everything still gets sparkkly.

marti8a LOL, but I know exactly where you're coming from!

camphappy- the shower?! What a good idea. I didn't think of that and I don't know how you've done it since June. Yikes! We started Aug 24.

Thanks williamsem, breezygirl and oldbat2be. Hopefully cabs are coming tomorrow!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here