Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help. Too many choices kitchen addition

Posted by buychris (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 21:20

I'll have medium colored cherry cabinets and yellow river granite. Stainless on appliances. Probably a light colored tile or lux vinyl floor. Floors can still be changed if any suggestions. Don't like the real modern look. Can't decide on stainless or darker metal pendent lights on 5x3 island. Color on backsplash that won't compete with granite. Thinking maybe tumbled travertine. Then wall coloring still not sure. Does cabinet hardware need to match app. Any suggestions

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help. Too many choices kitchen addition

We did a darker cherry cabinet with crema Bordeaux perimeter cabinets and a black island (Nordic antique). The appliances were stainless. We used tumbled travertine as the backsplash, but substituted about 40 2x2s with glass tiles. We loved the combination and I think it would work for you too (our floors were medium bamboo).

Here's a picture -

o
RE: Help. Too many choices kitchen addition

Thanks. I like the look of silver/pewter look cabinet hardware. Would it still look right to have copper/bronze light fixtures

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here