Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinets to go with this granite?

Posted by rngal (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 21:10

I'm having issues picking out cabinet color to go with the granite that we've picked out (see attached - pic is not the best - granite is slightly brighter than pictured, white with some cream, grey, black, and brown tones, left side of pic is somewhat darker than in person due to shadows). I'm leaning towards java (dark brown, almost black) for cabinets for the island and white for the rest of the cabinets. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinets to go with this granite?

Here's a pic of our current kitchen layout. We're redoing floors as well - might go a bit darker on the floors and cabinets will be a bit different (more cabinets beside the window, diagonal corner cabinets for upper corner cabinets, and a few other changes), but layout will stay basically the same. Dishwasher has been replaced with SS DW. Range possibly replaced with SS range and hood to be replaced with over range microwave. Island will be a bit longer and wider and trashcan will be replaced by 2 small stools.

o
RE: Cabinets to go with this granite?

I think a creamy white like BM Cloud White.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here