Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ttla

white marble... and NO farmhouse sink???

ttla
13 years ago

I can't seem to find any pics of an undermount sink with marble countertops. Does everyone with marble have a farmhouse sink? Love that look, but want to explore alternatives.

Is it impractical to have an undermount with marble; would you chip the edge of the counter washing a heavy pan?

Comments (10)

• andybp
    13 years ago

We have white marble and do have a farmhouse sink but have an undermount prep sink in our island so there's no issue with it.

In this month's issue of Traditional Home magazine they have a spread on Christopher Peacock's home kitchen and he has an undermount sink with marble countertops.
    I've pasted the link below so you can see how great it looks.

Don't think you can go wrong either way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christopher Peacock Kitchen

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

Hi Ttla,
    I have white marble on my island and have an undermount, I also have an undermount on my perimeter counters, but they're not marble. I LOVE this month's issue of Traditional Home mag! Christopher Peacock's kitchen is so beautiful, of course. Here's a pic of my under mount in marble, hope this helps!
    {{!gwi}}

• ttla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wonderful! Rookie, I love your kitchen, and have it "clipped," but somehow never noticed the undermounts. Funny how details I haven't thought of simply don't register at first view. And the Christopher Peacock is beautiful too. Thanks!

Any concerns about the fragility of the edge of the marble? I will only have one sink, and honestly, I'm not that gentle during cleanup, er, ever really.

• pricklypearcactus
    13 years ago

Have you tried houzz.com? They have a huge variety of kitchens there including many with marble and undermount sinks. I love the look of marble with undermount sinks.

I also must say I absolutely love rookie_2010's kitchen. I drool over that marble every time I see it.

And that Christopher Peacock kitchen is beautiful too. I've been looking for a new pendant for my entry way and the ones over the island would be perfect! So I looked them up on the site listed... over $6000!!! No thank you. If anyone has seen similar pendants within a reasonable price, let me know. Love the square modern mixed with the traditional lantern styling.

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Here are a few...

Gerrity Stone MA

Marble Counters

Marmi Stone Co.

Barista net

• malhgold
    13 years ago

Here's ours:

This is my prep sink, but I also use it to clean all my pots and pans. I have a clean up sink(smaller) on the perimeter.

• histokitch
    13 years ago

My prep sink is in a marble counter.

• jpseajdm
    13 years ago

histokitch, I love that backsplash where you have the open shelving. Can you give some details about the stone? Thanks so much.

• histokitch
    13 years ago

jpseajdm, they are Moroccan tiles from Mosaic House in NYC. Bejmat is the style, and white is the color, even though they're various shades of beige. If you click the photo you may be able to see more shots in my album.

• ttla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

histokitch, I LOVE your kitchen. And I was wondering if those were Moroccan. I'm thinking of square zeliges in the same color for my backspash. Now you've got me thinking of subways. The options!