Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stormy NIght Granite

Posted by sdmomof3boys (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 27, 12 at 21:05

I am looking for anyone that has stormy night granite in their kitchen. Do you like it? Pictures would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stormy NIght Granite

Just installed this week! Love Stormy Night!!! Now looking for backsplash and flooring so the kitchen is still a mess but here is the granite!

Kate

o

kate:

that's is GORGEOUS!!!

o

Thanks we love it! Kate

o

WOW!

o

Double WOW! No, Triple WOW!!!!

o

That is some fabulous looking granite. I have a similar granite called Golden Hurricane in my master bathroom. If I had done my kitchen first it might have been in there instead. Can't wait to see the finished kitchen

o

Wow! I love this granite. One of the best mixed black stones out there. Great choice & works well with your cabinet color.

This post was edited by colorfast on Sat, Dec 8, 12 at 2:44

o

I should add--I have a dark blue granite with a lot of movement, so I was probably biased toward a dark green, black etc., that was similar:)

o

I've never seen this granite before. It's beautiful! It caught my eye as it's similar in pattern to our Golden Crystal, which is more brown than black.
I love swirly granite.

o

Hi Kate-
Thanks so much for sharing a picture! I found very few pictures of this granite on the internet when we were looking which made it a very difficult decision but we chose it anyway. We installed stormy night granite in our kitchen right before Thanksgiving. I am also looking for a backsplash and flooring so I am really interested in your thoughts. I am working with a designer and he suggested subway tile for the backsplash. I am considering it but I am not liking the really light cream though. My paint (chosen long before the granite went in) is Sherwin Williams Latte and I think the color looks really good with this granite. It is a little darker, more golden tan (warmer than cream I think but yet not too dark). I am going to see if I can find anything in that color or a little lighter (and see what he thinks) I also like the longer, random sized tiles for visual interest and am wondering if I could go with something like that if they were all the same color. I have a picture in an email but don't know how to attach that. If you want, email me at kcdeboer@abe.midco.net and I will email you a picture. I tried to upload a picture of my granite but it says the file was too big. I will be curious to see what you decide. (FYI: We have oak cabinets. Not what I would chose now but I chose them 12 years ago so they had to stay. My floor is currently an oak colored laminate but I will be changing that - not sure what to)

o

Hi, SDmom,
I like your idea with the tan/warm earthy colors in your granite for tile. It would be far more integrated than a cream-colored subway. You could do a subway shape, or a field tile, perhaps on point (diamond-shaped). The irregular tile shape sounds cool. If you go that route, I myself would lean toward only one color.

I have a swirly blue/black granite and have been trying to decide on tile for a year. I was encouraged to do a glass but after living with my granite for a year, I realize I have enough shine in the kitchen and am planning to go another direction. Looking at a matte-finish tile at DalTile that is sort of a stone-like feel although it is ceramic.

As to your floor, we did a wood laminate also, but if I had an unlimited budget, I probably would have gotten slate.

o

Hey sdmomof3boys! I just emailed you! Would love to bounce ideas off each other for our granite!

o

Colorfast-at the rate I am going, I too will be looking for a backsplash for the next twelve months!

I'd love to know the name of the Daltile you are considering. We have a Daltile store near us and have been planning on visiting it and looking around.

I am currently looking into slate but not sure if it is in our budget, either! Also wondering how it would hold up to 3 big dogs and 2 cats.

Your granite sounds really pretty, with the swirly blues and blacks!

o

Kate- will email you back soon. Have a meeting to look at backsplash tile later today and will be bringing some sample home to look at in my kitchen.

o

Mikewood,
sorry not to see this sooner. The tile I am looking at is P523, this is the code for the 12x12 size tile. I am going to get the 6x6 tile. I do not have a name, but our DalTile outlet says this is sufficient. I am looking at 165 Delorean Gray for grout (Custom Building brand).

It is a gray with blue overtones, matte finish.

Hope it helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here