Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much room in the drawer for you knobs?

Posted by strayer (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 8, 13 at 21:01

In a shaker door style, how much flat room should there be for the hardware to fit nicely and for your hand to feel comfortable grabbing the hardware? I am asking this for the smaller drawers that are at the top. The bigger drawers and the cabinets have lots of space in that flat part.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much room in the drawer for you knobs?

The pulls on my shaker style kitchen doors and drawers have a 1-1/8 inch projection. It fits nicely and is very comfortable. My DH's hands are much larger than mine and he can easily grap the pulls.

My smaller top drawers are slab drawers and the lower drawers are 5 piece. I mounted the hardware on the top rail of the 5 piece drawers and in the same position (as if there had been a rail) on the slab drawers.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I also have shaker style cabinets in my laundry room but those pulls only have about 3/4 inch projection and I can not get my finger completely around the pulls like I can in my kitchen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here