Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sdionnemoore_gw

Wayfair--Fair? Or Unfair

sdionnemoore
11 years ago

I processed an order for backsplash from Wayfair (via Walmart) only to find they didn't have the 3 boxes in stock. I thought, no problem, maybe the two they do have in stock will work. Within fifteen minutes I realized of placing the order and paying for it via Paypal I realized my mistake and requested a cancellation. Now Wayfair (via Walmart) is coming back and saying the product was already shipped and they'd be happy to split the cost of the shipping instead of sticking me with the whole amount. I'm ticked because I cancelled this order and even talked to one of their guys (Louis) about the cancellation and the return of another box (since there's not enough product). He assured me there'd be no problem even though he had no note of it in his system at that time.

I question how it is that Walmart can so quickly communicate an order and payment and Wayfair ship the product, but a cancellation done within 15 minutes of said order doesn't reach Wayfair in time? You can't convince me that's true. It would take a worker that much time to go to the warehouse and get the product, much less get it packaged to ship, the label printed, etc. . .

Suggestions?

Here is a link that might be useful: Wayfair via Walmart

Comments (8)