Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
larryinseattle

Silgranit anthracite

larryinseattle
16 years ago

So what color is this, anyway? On some websites it looks gray; others show it as black. I hope they figure it out when they put it in the box!

Comments (15)

• mysterymachine
    16 years ago

Hello fellow Seattleite (I'm in Bothell actually - close enough). I would say its "soft black with a touch of sparkle". Does that help?

• mysterymachine
    16 years ago

I bought mine "sight unseen" since they didn't have the anthracite in the showroom my contractor works with but I saw the white and gray. The Anthracite is more beautiful than I even hoped it would be. If you don't get enough info from other posters on the thread you could come take a look at mine in person.

I think beucase its a softer black and becuase of the sparkles reflecting flash it looks gray sometimes - but its black.

• lynninnewmexico
    16 years ago

Mine arrived last week. It's a soft black with very small sparkles (of sorts . . . nothing flashy). Looks great with my Silestone sample piece in Black Canyon. Day #3 of our renovation and, although everything is now out, nothing is in yet, so I can't show you pics of the sink or counters.

• larryinseattle
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mysterymachine: I would love to see your sink, but we are at the opposite end of the lake. Where did you get it?

• mysterymachine
    16 years ago

I got mine at a place called Chown hardware in Bellevue (and believe me they charge Bellevue level prices as well.. but since that was the place my contractor works with I just went along with it). You could call them and see if they have any of the black on display now.

For some reason I thought you were in Redmond which wouldn't be a far drive... as I am right on the edge between Bothell and Kirkland.

• rmlanza
    16 years ago

This picture makes it look pretty gray but it's definitely more black. It does have little flecks of sparkle in it. You won't be dissappointed, they are gorgeous and so easy to care for!

My Mom, sister and brother are all in the Seattle areas, too! Kent, Auburn and North Bend!

• larryinseattle
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Chown has an anthracite super single on display that we went to see this weekend. Yup, it is black. But I can see why the sparklies make it photograph gray. Probably the light reflection.

We were all set to pop for it, when a last look at the specs said that for the 33" drop-in, 36" of interior cab space is needed! The cutout dimension is 30.5" across. Seems goofy to me, but that is what the specs say. And we have a 33" (exterior) cab. Maybe the extra 5.5" has something to do with clips. Last time we ignored specs, the sink wouldn't clip all the way around.

Can anyone confirm that you can't fit a 33" supersingle into a 33" cab? Otherwise we may go with the 511-612: 25" Platinum Series BlancoDiamond single bowl in anthracite. Kind of a smallish 2-knockout secondary sink, but might be OK for the primary. or ?

• mysterymachine
    16 years ago

Cool that Chown had the sink on display.. I had to ask for it by model number becuase they didn't know about it yet (but knew all about silgranite). Maybe after I asked about it they looked into it and decided to put one in the showroom.

I went and measured mine... its 31" between the 2 2x4s that they nailed to the side of the 36" cab for it to fit in. They didn't use the clips (granite). So if you have 31" inside your cab they should be able to shave out the shape of the sink into the of the cabs and have the sink use the cab for support (instead of screwing on 2x4 like they did mine). FYI My cooktop is installed that way (resting on top of trimmed out cabs).

Hope that helps!

• kompy
    16 years ago

yep, it's black. Here's a few pix.

• outwest_2007
    16 years ago

Can't resist posting this picture. The sink is not the star, but maybe it will give you an idea.

BTW, the granite people cut my granite wrong, notice the granite overhang. They did not follow the template. Make sure you get this right if you are doing an undermount sink. I love the sink so far.

(Backsplash is a work in progress...)

Here is a link that might be useful: silgranit sink with baby

• tucgran
    16 years ago

Wow Anna and Bella are gorgeous. Makes me miss my grandchildren.
    What size is your sink? it looks huge.

• outwest_2007
    16 years ago

Thanks! My sink is the 33" super single. I replaced a triple bowl sink, so it is in a big cabinet, 44" wide or something like that. I LOVE the giant single sink! I only wish it had been installed earlier, it makes a perfect baby bath!

• lulundave
    16 years ago

kompy,

Hope you get this message as it is a little old.
    You kitchen looks alot like what I am getting now.

Is your counter laminate? It looks Labrador Granite Formica.

I am considering a silgranit sink as well and I didn't know if they could be mounted on top of the counter, but your picture displays this beautifully.

I can only hope that all my choices look as beautiful as the ones you made in your kitchen.

• gssh
    16 years ago

LarryinSeattle, Morgan's hardware/plumbing in Ballard carries silgranit sinks, and seems to have good prices. We'll probably get ours from them. Last time I was there they had anthracite on display.

• larryinseattle
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I like to buy locally, but our budget is so seriously compromised that we sold our souls to save a few hundred bucks. We talked to Morgan's, but ended up getting the sink through QualityBath.com at a very good price. In fact, we also got the prep sink, grids and faucets through them. They are not the absolute cheapest, but they are inexpensive enough, offer free shipping and seem to have a good reputation (BBB and resellerratings.com) although there is a statistically small feedback.

After hearing horror stories of cracked deliveries, we nearly bought at Morgan's. But we took the chance to save a hundred bucks and are very happy. Except for the silgranit, the shipments arrived within ten days. The silgranit took a little longer because of some extra holes. And it was packed extremely well. If you are interested, I recommend calling them to place an order. They are very helpful and can check availability for you.

I have no financial interest in them, but it is nice to plug any good brick-and-mortar or e-retailer.