Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ergometrics: long handled dust pan

Posted by idabean (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 20:33

I meant to write ergonomics: Do any of you use a long handled dust pan? Do you have one you'd recommend that wouldn't scratch wood floors?
I bought an American Housewares boar's hair broom (13"wide) b/c of new wood floors in kitchen
I see MOMA carries a wood and "natural bristle" broom with long handled dustpan...can't find any further description or reviews.
thanks for any help you offer.

This post was edited by idabean on Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 21:48

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ergometrics: long handled dust pan

The dustpan from nessentials is long handled and has a plastic edge that does not scratch. I use it on our hardwood floor.

o

Sorry to butt in here, but I thought I'd mention another one I'd looked at. Not so fancy, but I considered this one by CasaBella. (it comes in gray, too, but couldn't resist this pic.)

o

why do you think you're butting in?
thanks!
I already have the broom, so I just need the dustpan.
However, someone somewhere mentioned having a small set for quick pickups, not a whole floor thorough cleaning.

o

I have the OXO long handle dust pan that I purchased at BB&B, so far we really like it.

o

On line search id'd oxo as a good bet. great reviews.
I didn't see a long handled one at nessentials.
tx

That wooden set shown by MOMA is a ridiculous price on a German website....something like 125 compared to moma's 65 or so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here