Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

retrofitting the pull out trash cabinent

Posted by idabean (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 20:31

I have a soft close two trash can pull out. I just read here-where else?- that some have some sort of kick mechanism so that the door pops open, hands free.
what are they called, where can they be bought, and can they be retrofitted?
Lee Valley had a mechanism it described as like a "ball point pen"; I only read it quickly, so I'm not even sure if it is what I want.

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: retrofitting the pull out trash cabinent

Google - Hafele trash foot pedal

RE: retrofitting the pull out trash cabinent

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here