Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newchapter12

creamy colored granites?

newchapter
13 years ago

Im struggling with my countertop choice. I really wanted a creamy light colored granite. The closest I have found is caesarstone buttermilk. I have a slab of kashmir white but it is looking very grey. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments (22)

• cpartist
    13 years ago

try checking out this site to get ideas. However the best thing to do is go to the granite yard yourself. Don't just look at creams, but whites, golds, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cream Granites

• ms.hazel
    13 years ago

This is a timely post for me, which also makes me sad. I have been looking for a quiet, creamy colored granite since June. I actually had some Kashmir Cream slabs on hold for a while but gave them up b/c I felt they were just too cold/blueish/gray. I fell in love with Colonial Cream (which is coming out of the mine really rusty now) and Millenium Cream (I read on this forum that the mine has actually closed completely). We have a huge granite yard in my city (and I checked bordering states too)--but no creamy subtle granite for the past 5 months. As my husband says: You know what you like, and it doesn't exist. On the upside, maybe if you live near a bigger city, you can scour more granite yards. I'm in the midwest with more limited options.

• newchapter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh sorry to hear that ms.hazel. I just started looking. I saw colonial cream and it was too pink. Have you looked at the caesarstone buttermilk? Im not kidding, its a really pretty cream. :)

• research_queen
    13 years ago

Have you looked at Bianco Romano? It's more white than cream, but has some cream in it. The only reason I bring this up, is that I thought I wanted Kashmir White, until I saw Bianco Romano. Kashmir White was much colder looking in comparison.

• lala girl
    13 years ago

Check out quartzite Madre Perola - it has white and grey and taupe in it and it very mellow. Because of the taupe it reads warm and creamy in my kitchen. Good luck!

• ms.hazel
    13 years ago

Newchapter, do you know where I could find a picture of a kitchen done in caesarstone buttermilk? I'm kind of sold on granite, but it doesn't hurt to consider all the options.

• newchapter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sorry Ms. Hazel, I dont. I actually went to Home Depot today and saw Bianco Antico in person and rather liked it. Not very creamy, but it was interesting.

• sh_murray
    13 years ago

We are getting a granite called Polar Cream, for our counters. Nice creamy tones with sand colored swirls and a few black "stars". Mine's not installed yet and I don't have a picture of the stone, so here's an example:

Here is a link that might be useful: polar cream counters

• marcy96
    13 years ago

I used Namibian Gold granite. It's creamy with grey, rust and black in it.
    {{!gwi}}

• red_eared_slider86
    13 years ago

Keep in mind that "creamy" can be relative. All your other choices will influence how the countertop appears in your space, especially your cabinet color.

• newchapter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks everyone! Red eared slider86, you are right. creamy is relative. It goes grey or yellow depending on the light and the cabinets.

• eliza09
    13 years ago

look up T and M Marble in Wheeling,IL. They have a great online catelog of their stones. Look for asteral dream it is a quartzite. I put it in my kitchen and it is beatiful. Warm without being to gold. Nice movement without being to busy. Reads more like marble than granite. I have oyster cabs and oil rubbed bronze fixtures. In the pics it reads more goldish just because of the lighting. Good luck. Check out Vintage on their site to and White Spring.

• marcydc
    13 years ago

Wow Marcy96! Your Namibian Gold looks exactly like my "Golden Crema". I've also seen it called Crema Romanzo and Delicatus (or Golden Delicatus). Do you know if yours came from Africa? Mine was Brazil.

Goes to show that asking for names of creamy granites isn't exactly productive. I think visiting all the yards in your area is a better use of time rather than calling them all and asking if they carry xxxx, unless it is one of the more well known and consistent looking pieces.

• gneebee
    13 years ago

I also want warm tones to go with my cherry cabinets and general decorating theme. I'm considering Typhoon Bordeaux if I can find slabs with good movement and color. Heading out of town to look at some new ones that just came in port!

• marcy96
    13 years ago

Hey marcydc! You have great taste! Your granite and mine do look alike. I assumed my granite was from Namibia, Africa although I never thought to ask!

• ms.hazel
    13 years ago

Eliza09, that quartzite is breaktaking! Do you have any other pictures of your kitchen? I actually broke down today and put some completely different granite on hold because I'm tired of looking. I would drive to IL in a heartbeat but how would I get the granite back to NE? Now that could become an expensive countertop.

• newchapter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

oooh, that typhoon bordeaux is beautiful!

• doonie
    13 years ago

I wanted cream too. I ended up with Yellow Nile Silestone, which reads buttery to me, but maybe too yellow for some.

{{!gwi}}

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Lauramn, I love your TB. Beautiful!

Newchapter,
    There are a few creamy granites but I think many have the
    light gray colors you don't like. I would go for the
    buttermilk quartz if that is the color you love.
    Meanwhile here are a few images of creamy granites for
    any lurkers out there.
    ~boxerpups

Cesearstone Buttermilk

Cesearstone Light brown

Burnt Toast Blog

Granite Gibli

Granite Colonial Cream

Colonial Cream

Granite Raja Yellow

• newchapter
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ohh, thanks! im still looking!

• red_eared_slider86
    13 years ago

Love those Bordeaux's! I was so disappointed when I set my floor tiles against a slab of Crema Bordeaux and they both just kind of disappeared into each other. I finally went with a Kashmir Gold, which is beautiful, but it doesn't have the drama of CB.

Beautiful kitchens, ladies!