Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellen1234_gw

xpost - 2 panel vs 6 panel doors

Ellen1234
10 years ago

[I posted this on the Home Decorating forum and got a lot of good feedback, but I thought I might get some good input here as well - I'm in the final stages of a kitchen remodel :)]

Hi,
I'm hoping to replace my hollow core doors with solid core (painted white). I'm also replacing all baseboards and trim (to go with a higher profile), so figured now's the time to do it. I was all set to replace 6 panel with 6 panel. But the contractor came over today and actually said he just finished an entire house remodel and they used the 2 panel doors and it looks really great - he said the 2 panel is an upgraded look.

Note that I'm getting a new den door installed tomorrow (double 15-lite French doors).

My home is just your average traditional/transitional home I guess, 3600 sq feet, open floor plan. Lots of earthtones/neutrals.

Also, I was going to go with the Weslock Elegance Bordeau lever handles in oil-rubbed bronze -- thoughts on that?

http://www.homedepot.com/s/weslock+elegance bordeau lever oil rubbed bronze?NCNI-5

Thanks!

Comments (2)

• jessrae
    10 years ago

We have two panel doors in our home. Our doors, baseboards and windows are all white. I love them, but our house is very contemporary. I think those door knobs are more traditional and might look better with a 6 panel door. Here's a photo of one of our doors in case it helps.

• Brandywine72
    10 years ago

I would go with 2 panel. Unless a 6 panel door is custom made with trim in all six of the panels or vintage, I think they look cheap, even the solid core ones. We recently bought a house and the first thing we did was replace all of the six panel solid core doors because even though they were higher end, they just looked too faux to us. We replaced them with salvaged vintage doors.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!