Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sound dampening in cupboards

Posted by idabean (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 20:23

Don't know why, but my new cabinents are echo chambers when dishes are being put in. I imagine because they are not solid wood.
Have you found a product that absorbs plunks and clatters, but is somewhat nice looking as well as functional?
At least all the doors close quietly.
Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sound dampening in cupboards

The sort of lacy rubber mats?

It may be echoing from the back, and there's not much you cna do, except maybe tack the cushioning strip onto the back.

o

Cushy Cupboards is very highly liked around GW. I would imagine it would provide a good bit of sound dampening as well. I think you can get your Ace Hardware or True Value Hardware to order it for you.

o

For the back of the cabinets, you could try cutting foam board to fit and wrapping it with fabric.

o

The April sale has been mentioned. Any one know when these might be on sale again?
I'm going to go with Cushy Cupboards. It is expensive! As things go, the shipping is not terrible: 7.80 for a roll, about 20 for 5 rolls. I'd like to wait for it to go on sale, but can't stand the sound of my heavy glasses BANGING down. I could moderate my movements, but sometimes 'ya know, you just wanna get the dishwasher unloaded! Besides, I don';t expect my dh or dd to act like church mice when they put glasses and plates away.

o

You can call them and I bet they would tell you when the next sale is. I have been wanting to order it as well since one of my Gardenweb buddies sent me a sample. It is very expensive though so I haven't bit the bullet yet. The owner of the company posts (or used to) on another forum ... http://www.hometalkentertainment.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213091

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here