Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Cool Pantry--I need this

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

So the floor plan we are messing around with includes a walk in pantry. Currently it's being moved around to various locations in the kitchen/mudroom area.

BUT, check out this pantry I found on Houzz, it's just so cool, I had to share:

traditional kitchen design by atlanta kitchen and bath Teri Turan

and poof,

traditional kitchen design by atlanta kitchen and bath Teri Turan

Comments (24)

• eurekachef
    12 years ago

That is SO COOL!!

• boylanite2
    12 years ago

awesome.....it's like a secret pantry!

• oldbat2be
    12 years ago

Oh my. That is so beautiful! How on earth can I possibly steal I mean implement this idea?!

• marcolo
    12 years ago

They are a "thing" now.

{{!gwi}}

• ellendi
    12 years ago

Wow- I bet my enite kitchen could fit into one of those....

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

marcolo, let's get the terminology up to date...

they are Trending

;)

These are the kinds of things that help me determine how I will get along with the builder. If he "didn't get it", or wasn't impressed--I would know we weren't meant to work together. However, the builder we are currently auditioning had a reaction that was spot on--he loves it and wants it too.

• andi_k
    12 years ago

We are doing one in our new build...probably one of my favorite features in the house. (Of course, DH is telling everyone if he ever goes "missing", know there's a secret room behind the fridge...lol!)

Here's the overhead layout - the lower right is where the cabinet door will be, and you can see the pantry layout.

Here's the full kitchen shot...

And, here's the fridge wall - the cabinet to the right is the pantry door.

• Linda
    12 years ago

That is WONDERFUL! Andi - I love your kitchen!

• hlove
    12 years ago

A friend of mine did this hidden pantry door in her kitchen....the pantry room is huge! About 3 times the size of the one you posted originally. And it's not a huge house at all.

• shanghaimom
    12 years ago

I love this idea but it seems like it would be hard to find the space unless the kitchen is a new build.

So--is anyone else wondering what the heck kind of animals those are in Marcolo's photo? Those people are riding giant...DOGS? Horses with mini heads and skinny tails? Whippersnappers?

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    12 years ago

Very cool. One more thing that can be hidden in the kitchen now, along with fridges and appliances :)

beekeeperswife, on another note, I don't know how close you are going to be moving to where we are, but if it is close enough, you should interview my builder if you haven't finalized on a choice of builder yet. He's fantastic, the quality of the homes he builds is amazing!

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    12 years ago

send me his info, beagles.

beekeeperswife @ gmail dot com

• andi_k
    12 years ago

shanghaimom - that is hysterical! I have that same pic that I had saved when working with my KD on our design, and I always said the same thing about those pics! What the heck are they? We came up with creepy monkeys on llamas!

• cjc123
    12 years ago

What a great idea! What goes around comes around, kind of like pantry's I've seen in old houses that my great Aunt's and Uncle's lived in. I think the difference is the way they are being built & tricked out today. My great grandfather and family were all cabinet/furniture makers in Newport RI in the late 1800's early 1900's. I copied my microwave built in after a cabinet they built. I wish I had the room for one!! Thanks for sharing!!

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    12 years ago

I sent you an email.

• User
    12 years ago

Bee - I didn't know you decided to build? I guess I missed that. Good luck and definitely keep us updated.

And that pantry is amazing!

• beachpea3
    12 years ago

Llamas...gets my vote...

Bee...looking forward to your new build complete with "trending"... that secret room/pantry will be the envy of all of us...

• MIssyV
    12 years ago

wow, that is an impressive pantry! i like that is just looks like cabinets in the one you posted bee. but both pics are totally awesome. any woman would be envious!

• prill
    12 years ago

Oh, I love that! I didn't know you were building either. Did we miss that somehow?
    I knew your house was for sale, but nothing about where you're going etc.
    Sounds like an adventure!

• rhome410
    12 years ago

Neat. In more ways than one. ;-)

Andi K, I can't WAIT to see your kitchen. Love the layout and the drawings.

• shanghaimom
    12 years ago

Not llamas. My parents used to have llamas. I do llove writing that word, though. And I llove llamas. They aren't creepy llike those creatures in the pic.

• bahacca
    12 years ago

LOVE this! I'm just excited to get sliding shelves in mine one day! Unless I can figure out a better option for my uber deep, yet skinny pantry.

• kelvar
    12 years ago

I'm so jealous. Love the pantry, love the secret door, love the cabinets in all the pictures. Would love to have this...even if it came with the monkey/llama pictures!

• andi_k
    12 years ago

Here are a few others....