Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to end countertops with Farmhouse sink

Posted by berardmr (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 12 at 20:09

The guy who templated for my Cambria counters said that most folks extend the counter over the inside edge of the farm sink because it's easier to keep clean. I think that will make my 30" sink look even smaller.

For those of you with farm sinks, where did you end the counter top? Would you do the same if you had it to do over again? Sometimes I suspect that recommendations are made to make it easier on the installers and they're not always what I might want or what would look best.

Appreciate your input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to end countertops with Farmhouse sink

Both of my farm sinks are undermounted like this: ogee edge with about a 1/2 " reveal of the sink...and yes, I would do it again. Clean up is easy. No gunk build up. I feel like the ogee edge goes well with the eased edge of the sink.

o

pic of mine below. sorry, mid construction but best one with edge details. first time water had been turned on, cats very intrigued! my sink was a bit crooked so we decided to bring in edge to meet edge of sink. this way, the "shadow is my friend", can't even tell!

Photobucket

o

We undermounted the sink. I like it as well. Easy clean up. We also had runnels carved into the granite on one side and the dishes drain right off the counter into the sink.

o

Is this what is called a 'negative reveal?'

o

No, a negative reveal would mean the countertop overhangs the interior edge of the sink by some amount and you could feel the underside of the countertop. Flush would mean the interior edge of the sink is flush with the interior edge of the counter top. Mine above has a small positive reveal.

o

That's it, the one for me, a small positive reveal really shows off the farm sink. Thanks, all!

o

Thanks for clarifying... I had it the other way around.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here