Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help? I need a small undermount sink

Posted by Amy-Bee (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 20:00

I need to purchase a double undermount sink for the granite counter top we ordered. I want at least 18 gauge stainless steel, double bowl (50/50). The problem is that almost all the ones I find need a minimum cabinet width of 36". Our cabinet is only 34" (outside) or 31 1/2" (inside). I always thought our sink was normal size but now I'm wondering if I have some weird sized sink. I was hoping to spend less than $300 (including shipping to Canada). Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help? I need a small undermount sink

Have you checked on EBay? Sometimes they have things when no one else seems to....good luck.

o

Another possibility is to trim the cabinets to fit the sink. I thought about doing this so I didn't have to have such a big sink cab.

o

This Kraus sink is on sale for $333. There are a couple of places on Amazon where you might be able to get it for less. The expressdecor.com site shows that it fits a 33" cabinet.

I'll see if I can find anything else for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: 16 gauge Kraus sink

o

Here is another one that might work for you, and it is $225 on Amazon.

Here is a link that might be useful: 16-gauge Detroit Bathware sink

o

With your smaller size, what you don't want is a double bowl. That's two too small bowls. You'd have a MUCh ore functional setup with a single bowl, or a 75/25 configuration. That way, you can at least have one bowl that you can fit a large pan into.

o

aj madison allows you to search by size

Here is a link that might be useful: aj madison

o

Ditto what Green Designs said: The bowls will be too small.

o

We ended up getting a sink from a place called Gemini Sinks (http://www.geminisink.com) We got the exact same size sink we currently have (13 3/4" x 16" x 8" bowls) for $349 including the drains. Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I feel better I have one in hand as our templating is scheduled for two weeks from now and I was going to worry the whole time about shipping if I had to order online.

I haven't had any trouble with this size in the past (actually I never noticed they were smaller than anyone else's sinks).
http://www.geminisink.com/ProductDetails.php?sink_id=115

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here